High Availability Linux Architecture
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Uptime is critical, and this course will teach you the concepts and tools you need to maintain an extremely high level of availability for your Linux servers, even under heavy load.
You can’t afford to have mission-critical systems go down, and this course will teach you how to ensure that your servers stand up under even the most intense pressure.
Developed for some of the largest Linux deployments in the world, this course will teach you:
- How to create and maintain systems that allow for highly-available applications.
- The concepts and best practices used to meet security and high availability requirements using the latest hardware technologies.
- You’ll also become familiar with tools that help you maintain and operate highly-available systems easily.
This course is designed to work with a wide range of Linux distributions, so you will be able to apply these concepts regardless of your distro.
Course Topics (33 topics)
- Open Source Software
- Why Use Open Source Software?
- OSS Licensing and Legal Issues
- Linux and the Operating System
- Graphical Environments and Interfaces
- Getting Help
- Text Editors
- Shells, bash, and the Command Line
- System Components
- System Administration
- Essential Command Line Tools
- Command and Tool Details
- Users and Groups
- Bash Scripting
- Files and Filesystems
- Filesystem Layout
- Linux Filesystems
- Compiling, Linking and Libraries
- Java Installation and Environment**
- Building RPM and Debian Packages
- Introduction to GIT
- Git Installation
- Git and Revision Control Systems
- Using Git: an Example
- Git Concepts and Architecture
- Managing Files and the Index
- Managing Local and Remote Repositories
- Using Patches
This course is designed for IT managers, system administrators, DevOps, and technical personnel operating highly-available mission-critical Linux systems. Students should have a good working knowledge of fundamental operating system and hardware concepts and experience with network addressing and topologies. A basic foundation in mission critical deployments will also be beneficial.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|