Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Security is always a concern, and with major security holes like Shellshock and Heartbleed being announced regularly, it’s more critical than ever to secure the data you are liable for. This course will walk you through the many risks and threats that exist, show you how to use best practices and other open-source tools to mitigate or counteract those threats, and teach you what you need to know to detect and recover from those attacks that do happen.
This advanced, completely hands-on course adopts a highly technical approach to cover important security techniques and tools. By providing visibility both into attack vectors and possible security holes, this course provides you a complete guide on how to mitigate security risks in any Linux environment.
- How to assess security risks in your enterprise Linux environment.
- The best techniques and tools to increase security.
- Server hardening
- How to deploy and use monitoring and attack detection tools.
- How to gain visibility into possible vulnerabilities.
- The art and science of developing your Linux security policy and response strategy.
- How to configure your systems for compliance with HIPAA, DISA STIG, etc.
This course is designed to work with a wide range of Linux distributions, so you will be able to apply these concepts regardless of your distro.
Introduction (7 topics)
- Linux Foundation
- Linux Foundation Training
- Linux Foundation Certifications
- Laboratory Exercises, Solutions and Resources
- E-Learning Course: LFS216
- Distribution Details
Security Basics (6 topics)
- What is Security?
Threats and Risk Assessment (4 topics)
- Classes of Attackers
- Types of Attacks
- Trade Offs
Physical Access (4 topics)
- Physical Security
- Hardware Security
- Understanding the Linux Boot Process
Logging (6 topics)
- Logging Overview
- Syslog Services
- The Linux Kernel Audit Daemon
- Linux Firewall Logging
- Log Reports
Auditing and Detection (5 topics)
- Auditing Basics
- Understanding an Attack Progression
- Detecting an Attack
- Intrusion Detection Systems
Application Security (7 topics)
- Bugs and Tools
- Tracking and Documenting Changes
- Resource Access Control
- Mitigation Techniques
- Policy Based Access Control Frameworks
- Real World Example
Kernel Vulnerabilities (5 topics)
- Kernel and User Spaces
- Mitigating Kernel Vulnerabilities
- Vulnerabilities Examples
Authentication (6 topics)
- Encryption and Authentication
- Passwords and PAM
- Hardware Tokens
- Biometric Authentication
- Network and Centralized Authentication
Local System Security (6 topics)
- Standard UNIX Permissions
- Administrator Account
- Advanced UNIX Permissions
- Filesystem Integrity
- Filesystem Quotas
Network Security (4 topics)
- TCP/IP Protocols Review
- Remote Trust Vectors
- Remote Exploits
Network Services Security (5 topics)
- Network Tools
- Web Server
- File Servers
Denial of Service (4 topics)
- Network Basics
- DoS Methods
- Mitigation Techniques
Remote Access (5 topics)
- Unencrypted Protocols
- Accessing Windows Systems
- IPSEC VPNs
Firewalling and Packet Filtering (6 topics)
- Firewalling Basics
- Netfilter Implementation
- Netfilter rule management
- Mitigate Brute Force Login Attempts
Response and Mitigation (4 topics)
- During an Incident
- Handling Incident Aftermath
Compliance testing with OSCAP (6 topics)
- Compliance Testing
- SCAP Introduction
- SCAP Workbench
- Command Line Scan
- Have a solid understanding of core local system administration and networking concepts equivalent to that obtained from LFS301 Linux System Administration and LFS311 Linux Network Management.
- Be experienced with Linux (or more generally UNIX), especially at the command line level.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|