Embedded Linux Development with Yocto Project
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
In this course, you’ll obtain a solid understanding of how to build a repeatable embedded target Linux target using the Yocto Project. In addition to learning the build system, you will learn about more advanced tools like toaster, devtool, wic, eSDK, and eclipse IDE integration. This course builds on the Embedded Linux topics learned in the LFD450 class.
This course will teach you how to take advantage of the Yocto Project – the open source collaboration effort that provides templates, tools and methods to help you create and maintain custom Linux-based systems for embedded products regardless of the specific hardware architecture.
- How to use the Poky and Bitbake build process, with its recipes and layers to customize Linux kernel and packages for a custom embedded application
- How to build Linux on an embedded board
- How to use emulators for verification
- How to create board support packages (BSP) for target hardware
- And more.
The information in this course will work with any major Linux distribution.
Course Topics (21 topics)
- The Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded
- Poky and bitbake
- Setting up the Yocto Project Build System
- Building an x86 Emulation Image
- Troubleshooting Build Failures
- Basic Target Development Board Setup
- Booting the Target Development Board from uSD
- Booting a Target Development Board over Ethernet
- Board Support Packages
- Building a Yocto Project BSP
- Customizing Images
- Adding Packages
- Kernel Recipes
- Development Tools
- Software Development Toolkit(s)
- SDKs and Eclipse integration
- Licensing and Compliance
This course is primarily intended for experienced software engineers who are interested in learning the fundamentals of a build system for embedded Linux. You should be familiar with basic Linux utilities and text editors. Some experience with Python is helpful but not required.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|