ICS Practitioners Security Course
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The GCT and IISP accredited ICS Practitioners Security Course is designed to provide ICS practitioners with an understanding of the cyber security challenges facing their environments. This knowledge is vital when managing the day to day running of all aspects of security risk for those environments.
The course will show how to protect ICS environments and best identify and support their organisations’ cyber security and risk mitigation/reduction strategies for their ICS environments.
Siker have worked in partnership with the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) in the UK and leading Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) organisations.
This course provides the attendee with the knowledge to fully understand the security risks facing your ICS environments including the Supply Chain. In addition, it discusses how to forward plan to help mitigate and reduce these risks as well as identifying and responding to a cyber incident.
The course consists of 2 days (12 CPE credits) of classroom training. Day one covers the current and emerging ICS risk landscape and Day two covers operational security, risk reduction planning and Cyber Incident Management.
By the end of the course, you will be familiar with:
- How to identify what current and emerging threats your ICS environments face
- Where your ICS environments may be vulnerable
- What actions you need to take to secure those environments and help reduce the risk
- How to prepare for and handle a cyber security incident in those environments
If you are a...Practitioner involved with ICS procurement/implementation/audit/maintenance or part of an ICS environment supply chain and/or people who need full awareness of the security risks to these environments, including:
- Site/Asset User or Operator
- Site/Asset IT/ICS Support engineer
- Site/Asset Physical security/Facilities Management professional
...then this course is for you.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Background - what is an ICS, what are the threats and vulnerabilities (5 topics)
- ICS description and terminology
- ICS Vs IT. Differences and similarities
- Threats to ICS
- ICS vulnerabilities
- Known ICS security incidents
Securing ICS - what can be done to secure an ICS (6 topics)
- Secure architecture and design
- Securing existing and legacy systems
- Security risk management
- Operational security
- Vendor management
- Building security into procurement processes
Security Incident Management (4 topics)
- Security incident identification
- Security incident response
- Security incident recovery
- Planning and preparation
Cyber Incident Exercise (1 topic)
- Cyber interactive exercise
There are no pre-requisites for this course and no technology is required. A handbook of supporting material is provided.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Attend From Anywhere)
Virtual Classroom (London)