Securing ICS: Becoming a GICSP
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The Securing ICS: Becoming a Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) course is designed to provide those at IT/operational level (or equivalent) with an understanding of today’s cyber security challenges facing their ICS environments. This knowledge is vital when managing the day to day running of all aspects of security for those environments.
The course will show how to combine the disciplines of IT, OT and Physical Security to show how to best support their organisations cyber security and risk mitigation/reduction strategies for their ICS environments. In addition, it will provide the knowledge level required to challenge the GICSP certificate.
It provides an in-depth understanding across multiple industry sectors of what the current standards and regulations are, cyber security risks are and the threats currently facing your ICS environments. In addition, it discusses how to forward plan to help mitigate and reduce these risks. Lastly it discusses how to plan for and respond effectively to a cyber incident.
The course consists of five days (30 CPE credits) classroom training broken down into a mix of lectures, discussions and exercises.
By the end of the course, you will know:
- How to identify what current and emerging threats your ICS face
- Where your ICS environments are vulnerable
- What actions you need to take to secure your systems and help reduce the risk.
- How to prepare for and handle a security incident
- Prepare for challenging the GICSP exam
If you are an IT, an operational or a physical security professional responsible for any ICS environment and/or people working on securing these systems including:
- Business Technical/Engineering/Procurement Lead
- ICS Policy Maker
- Site/Asset Single Point of Accountability (SPA) for security and/or Incident Response
- Site/Asset IT Manager
- ICS Consultant
…then this course is for you.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (11 topics)
- ICS Basics (for non-OT personnel)
- Cybersecurity Essentials (for ICS personnel)
- ICS Security Governance and security risk
- ICS Architecture
- ICS Hardening
- Access Management
- Physical Security
- ICS Security Assessments
- ICS Security Monitoring
- Incident Response
- GIAC GICSP Exam Preparation
There are no pre-requisites for this course. However, all attendees need a good understanding of either basic IT or OT skills. A handbook of supporting material will be provided.