Application Security for Developers
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Security testing (Pen Testing) as an activity tends to capture security vulnerabilities at the end of the SDLC and is often too late to be able to influence fundamental changes in the way code is written.
This course is crucial because of the increasing need for developers to code in a secure manner. It is critical to introduce security as a quality component into the development cycle. This class aims at educating developers about various security vulnerabilities through hands-on practice using our purposely developed insecure web application which is hosted on Microsoft’s Azure platform. Throughout this class developers will be able to get on the same page with security professionals, understand their language and learn how to fix or mitigate vulnerabilities learnt during the class.
The techniques discussed in this class are mainly focused on .NET and JAVA technologies owing to their huge adoption in various enterprises in building web applications. However, the approach is generic and developers from other language backgrounds can easily grasp and implement the knowledge learnt in within their own environments.
N.B. This course meets the requirements of the PCI-DSS standard, specifically the mandated requirement 6.5:
- Prevent common coding vulnerabilities in software development processes by training developers in secure coding techniques and developing applications based on secure coding guidelines - including how sensitive data is handled in memory.
Delegates will use labs which are purposely riddled with multiple vulnerabilities. Delegates will receive demonstrations and hands-on practice of the vulnerabilities to better understand and grasp the issues, followed by various techniques and recommendations on how to go about fixing them. While the course covers industry standards such as OWASP Top 10 and common security issues, it also covers real world issues like various Business Logic and Authorisation flaws.
- Covers latest industry standards such as OWASP Top 10 with practical demonstrations of vulnerabilities complemented with Hands-on Lab practice
- Insight into the latest security vulnerabilities (such as Host Header Injection, XML Entity Injection, Web-Services and API Security)
- Thorough guidance on the best security practices (Introduction to various Security Frameworks and tools and techniques for Secure Development)
- References to real-world analogy for each vulnerability (Understand and appreciate why Facebook would pay $33,000 for XML Entity Injection Vulnerability?)
A highly-practical course that targets web developers, pen testers, and anyone else wanting to write secure code, or audit code against security flaws. The course covers a variety of the best security practices and in-depth defence approaches which developers should be aware of while developing applications. The course also covers some quick techniques which developers can use to identify various security issues throughout the code review process.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day One (6 topics)
- Module 1 - Application Security Basics
- Module 2 - Understanding the HTTP protocol
- Module 3 - Security Misconfigurations
- Module 4 - Authentication Flaws
- Module 5 - Authorization Bypass
- Module 6 - Cross Site Scripting (XSS)
Day Two (7 topics)
- Module 7 - Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Module 8 - SQL Injection
- Module 9 - XML External Entity (XXE) Attacks
- Module 10 - Insecure File Uploads
- Module 11 - Client Side Security
- Module 12 - Source Code Review
- Module 13 - Threat Modelling
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|