IT Architecture Modelling Using ArchiMate® 3
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
A critical skill that all IS/IT architects must have is the ability to communication architectural ideas in a formal way. At the same time, IS/IT architecting should be focused on capturing ideas, understanding concepts and the relationships between them. The ArchiMate® 3 Specification (published by The Open Group) has been designed to address both these requirements. It is a lightweight language based on UML, with capabilities of describing all layers of architecture, from Enterprise through to Technology. In addition it can be used for motivation modelling and the creation of implementationand migration plans.
This course leads to delegates achieving Certified status in both the ArchiMate® 3 Foundation and ArchiMate® 3 Practitioner. It provides them with the convenience of taking the exam at the end of the course, as well as receiving instruction from experienced trainers who have been actively involved in the development of the language.
- Understand the latest ArchiMate® 3 specification, so its notation can be used to effectively describe architecture.
- Use an enterprise architecting tool to work through a comprehensive architecture example, in order to get a practical insight into how the notation is used.
- Prepare for the exam.
Those in the following roles could make full use of this language:
- Practicing Architects at all Layers: Business, Applications, Data and Technology/Infrastructure
- Business Analysts and Modellers
- System designers
- Software engineers
- Infrastructure engineers
This is taken at the end of the course, with delegates linking in to Pearson Vue to do the Foundation and Practitioner exam.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Language Introduction (2 topics)
- Introduction to the main ideas and principles behind the notation. Includes understanding key metamodels and frameworks and the main kinds of elements and relationships.
- Normally after this session the trainer will facilitate a session with delegates exploring how to use ArchiMate in the context of an Enterprise Architecture, using the tool "Archi".
Relationships (1 topic)
- Relationships are a fundamental part of modelling. In our pre-course reading a special "Relationship Primer" document is provided to introduce delegates to the concepts. Then this section completes the task by explaining how each relationship is used.
Motivation and Strategy (1 topic)
- The QA course groups these aspects together as the "Context" to a system. Gathering such information is crucial to enabling the architecture to address the business needs. Each contextual item is discussed, with examples of use.
Architecture Layers (including Physical) (1 topic)
- The main body of the course covers this subject. Delegates will be taken through all the different layers, discussing each element, how it is used, with examples.
Implementation and Migration (1 topic)
- In this session we explore how architects can create plans to both migrate and implement their architecture.
Viewpoints (1 topic)
- This topic is one of the most important in architecture. How an architect effectively describes architecture, to address the concerns of stakeholders, is a critical skill. In this session the international standard ISO42010 is reviewed, with details on how it has been implemented in ArchiMate.
In preparation for attending the course each delegate will be sent an Architecture Primer which should be studied before attending the course. It highlights key parts of the Specification that should be understood, and contains useful advice on how to understand and use ArchiMate Relationships.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|