ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Test Engineer
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course Provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to guide a test automation project. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance. Methods described are generally applicable across variety of software lifecycle approaches (e.g., agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (e.g., embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process.
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- Manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems
The ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Automation Engineer certificate exam comprises 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes. Participants that take the exam not in their spoken language, will receive additional 25% more time (an additional 23 minutes) so a total of 113 minutes.
This course includes the cost of a Pearson Vue exam. Once the delegate have completed the course and are ready to sit for the exam, they will need to register with www.pearsonvue.com and check availability at their chosen test centre. Then they will need to contact QA who will book the exam for them.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation (2 topics)
- 1.1 Purpose of Test Automation
- 1.2 Success Factors in Test Automation
Preparing for Test Automation (3 topics)
- 2.1 SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
- 2.2 Tool Evaluation and Selection
- 2.3 Design for Testability and Automation
The Generic Test Automation Architecture (3 topics)
- 3.1 Introduction to gTAA
- 3.2 TAA Design
- 3.3 TAS Development
Deployment Risks and Contingencies (3 topics)
- 4.1 Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- 4.2 Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
- 4.3 Test Automation Maintenance
Test Automation Reporting and Metrics (4 topics)
- 5.1 Selection of TAS Metrics
- 5.2 Implementation of Measurement
- 5.3 Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- 5.4 Test Automation Reporting
Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment (4 topics)
- 6.1 Criteria for Automation
- 6.2 Identify Steps Needed to Implement Automation within Regression Testing
- 6.3 Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
- 6.4 Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
Verifying the TAS (2 topics)
- 7.1 Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- 7.2 Verifying the Automated Test Suite
Continuous Improvement (2 topics)
- 8.1 Options for Improving Test Automation
- 8.2 Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement
Candidates for the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Automation Engineer certificate must hold the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate (CTFL).
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
BCS Software Testing Foundation
The ISEB ITSQB Software Testing Foundation training course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in software testing
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.