Cyber Security for Executives
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Cyber Security Training Courses.
Introduction to Cyber Security (1 topic)
- This section looks at Cyber Security; the terminology and language used around it and its relevance today. It considers why Cyber Security is relevant to modern businesses and organization.
What are the Risks of Doing Business? (3 topics)
- This module considers: Is there a real cyber threat to businesses, what are these threats and how do they affect organisations and the individual?
- It also examines the types of attack that can impact an organization. It will provide an overview of how attacks are conducted and techniques used such as; port scanning, network sniffing, phishing, social engineering, dumpster diving and physical attacks.
- Most managers need to consider the legal, regulatory and business responsibilities that businesses have for protecting both their own and their client's information, so this modules considers some of the relevant national and international legislation and the contractual obligations when working with UK government bodies.
Managing Cyber Security Risks in the Business (1 topic)
- This section of the course will consider how an organisation can implement a pragmatic approach to Cyber Security with a view to mitigating risks to an acceptable level for the business. It will cover topics such as; the components of risk, the basics of risk management and the crucial role of managers in actively managing cyber security defences. It will also identify some of the guidance available to businesses on how to protect themselves in a cost effective and pragmatic way.