Business and IT training from QA Microsoft Power BI Reports and Dashboards for Business Users
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Power BI provides a variety of methods for using reports and dashboards within which data can be viewed and analysed visually.
This course covers the use of existing Power BI Desktop or Power BI reports and dashboards. It will identify core features, terminology and processes applicable when using reports or dashboards. Its principal aim is to provide the skills to enable a delegate to work with the reports and dashboards effectively.
Please note – this course does not cover creating reports or dashboards.
Delegates will learn
- Power BI concepts and main features
- How a report is created
- Navigating reports and dashboards
- How to apply filters and slicers
- To use Insights, Analytics and Natural Language Queries
Anyone whose role requires them to use existing Power BI Reports or Dashboards to consume the contents. Roles can include management at all levels, team leaders or anyone who needs to commission the production of reports or dashboards.
It is assumed that attendees on the course are familiar with charts.
Attendees who wish to learn how to create Power BI Reports should attend the course Microsoft Power BI Desktop QAPBIDT3.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Getting Started with Power BI (8 topics)
- Power BI Concepts and Versions
- Introduction to Main Features:
- Jargon buster
- From Data to Reports and Dashboards
- Visualizations Overview
- Visualizations Available
- Visualizations as Filter
- Reports and Dashboards Similarities and Differences
Understanding what you are looking at (2 topics)
- What do the visuals show me?
- Refreshing a report
Using a Report in Power BI (11 topics)
- Filters, sorting and using slicers
- See the actual data
- See Data and See Records
- Drill visualizations
- Q & A Ask a question
- Off the shelf data analysis
- Quick Conditional Formatting
- Analytics lines
- Use Insight for Increases and Decreases
- Forecast Analytics
- Changing calculations and Show As
Working with Dashboards (4 topics)
- Dashboards in Power BI Defined
- How is a dashboard different from a report?
- Working in the Dashboard window
- Using Q & A with natural language queries
- Please note that this course is not suitable for new Excel users
- Ability to create charts
- Ability to use filters in data
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.