Automation with Ansible
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Automation with Ansible (DO407) is designed for system administrators who are intending to use Ansible for automation, configuration, and management. Learn how to install and configure Ansible, create and run playbooks to configure systems, and learn to manage inventories.
Through hands-on labs, students will learn to automate system administration tasks on managed hosts with Ansible, learn how to write Ansible playbooks to standardize task execution, centrally manage playbooks and schedule recurring execution through a web interface with Ansible Tower. Students will also learn to manage encryption for Ansible with Ansible Vault, deploy Ansible Tower and use it to manage systems, and use Ansible in a DevOps environment with Vagrant.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.
- Install and troubleshoot Ansible on central nodes and managed hosts
- Use Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks
- Protect encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault
- Use Ansible Tower to more easily manage enterprise Ansible deployments
- Work with Ansible in conjunction with Vagrant in a DevOps environment
System and cloud administrators who need to automate cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and other IT needs.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course introduction (1 topic)
- Introduce and review the course.
Introduce Ansible (1 topic)
- Describe the terminology and architecture of Ansible.
Deploy Ansible (1 topic)
- Install Ansible and run ad hoc commands.
Implement playbooks (1 topic)
- Write Ansible plays and execute a playbook.
Manage variables and inclusions (1 topic)
- Describe variable scope and precedence, manage variables and facts in a play, and manage inclusions.
Implement task control (1 topic)
- Manage task control, handlers, and tags in Ansible playbooks.
Implement Jinja2 templates (1 topic)
- Implement a Jinja2 template.
Implement roles (1 topic)
- Create and manage roles.
Configure complex playbooks (1 topic)
- Configure connection types, delegations, and parallelism.
Implement Ansible Vault (1 topic)
- Manage encryption with Ansible Vault.
Troubleshoot Ansible (1 topic)
- Troubleshoot the Ansible control machine and managed nodes.
Implement Ansible Tower (1 topic)
- Implement Ansible Tower.
Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment (1 topic)
- Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment using Vagrant.
Comprehensive review (1 topic)
- Review tasks from the Automation with Ansible course.
Delegates should have a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Administering Red Hat Linux 7 - Part 1
Gain the fundamental skills required to work productively in the workplace using Red Hat Enterprise Linux on this 5-day Administering Red Hat Linux 7 Part 1 course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.