Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Assessment, Design, and Advanced Configuration
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This advanced 5-day training course teaches the design principles for creating a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops virtualization solution. In this training, you will learn how to assess existing environments, explore different scenarios and make design decisions based on business requirements.
This course covers the Citrix Consulting approach to design and covers the key design decisions through lectures, lab exercises, and interactive discussions. Additional considerations and advanced configurations for multi-location solutions and disaster recovery planning are also incrporated into this class.
This training will help you prepare for the Citrix Certified Expert in Virtualization (CCE-V) exam.
- Identify risks and areas for improvement in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment by assessing relevant information in an existing deployment.
- Determine core Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops design decisions and align them to business requirements to achieve a practical solution.
- Design a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops disaster recovery plan and understand different disaster recovery considerations.
IT Professionals with significant experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 as well as supporting infrastructure. If you are responsible for the environment design and overall health, or are guiding others through the process (as a consultant), you should consider taking this training.
Recommended as preparation for exams:
- 1Y0-402 - Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 Assessment, Design and Advanced Configurations Exam (CCE-V)
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Methodology and Assessment (5 topics)
- Business Drivers
- User Segmentation
- Application Assessment
- Capabilities Assessment
User Layer (3 topics)
- Endpoints & Peripherals
- Citrix Workspace App
- Network Connectivity
Access Layer (4 topics)
- Access Matrix*
- Access Layer Architecture Design Considerations
- StoreFront Store Design
- Scalability and Redundancy
Resource Layer - Images (4 topics)
- FlexCast Model Assignment*
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Scalability
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Security
- Provisioning Strategy / Image Management
Resource Layer - Applications and Personalization (4 topics)
- Application Delivery
Control Layer (5 topics)
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Design
- Machine Catalogs & Delivery Groups*
- Site Management Considerations
- Control Layer Scalability & High Availability
- Control Layer Security
Hardware/Compute Layer (6 topics)
- Assessment Considerations for Hardware & Hypervisor Selection
- Cluster / Resource Pool Design
- Hardware / Compute Layer Sizing
- Datacenter Networking
Maintaining an App Layering Environment (6 topics)
- Multiple Location Considerations - Introduction
- Multiple Location Considerations - Access
- Multiple Location Considerations - Image Management
- Multiple Location Considerations - Profiles & Data
- Multiple Location Considerations - Printing
- Multiple Location Considerations - Control Layer
Disaster Recovery (3 topics)
- Disaster Recovery - Levels
- Disaster Recovery - Strategy
- Disaster Recovery - Process
- Extensive experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 as well as experience with Citrix Gateway and supporting infrastructure.
- Attendance of CXD-310 or CWS-315 is receommended.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7, App Layering, and WEM Administration (Fast-Track)
This 5-day fast-track course provides the skills required to install, configure and manage a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 environment.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Advanced Deployment, Troubleshooting, Security and Administration
This 5-day course provides the skills required to set up scalability, redundancy and security configurations in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.