Citrix ADC Advanced Concepts - Security, Management and Optimization
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is designed for individuals with NetScaler experience who will be deploying or managing Citrix NetScaler Application Firewall (AppFirewall) to secure application access in a Citrix NetScaler environment, as well as NetScaler Management and Analytics System (MAS) to administer a Citrix NetScaler environment or optimize NetScaler-managed application delivery traffic.
You will learn the skills required to deploy and manage AppFirewall including types of web attacks, protections and signatures, the adaptive learning engine, AppFirewall policies and profiles, troubleshooting and additional pertinent NetScaler security features. As well as the skills required for deploying and utilizing the NetScaler Management and Analytics System including the ability to manage multiple NetScaler platforms centrally, orchestrate configuration changes, report on transactions passing through the NetScaler environment, visualize infrastructure, and plan expansions. Implementing features such as Caching, Frontend Optimization, NetScaler Web logging, and TCP/HTTP optimization to optimize traffic managed by a NetScaler environment are also incorporated.
At the end of the course, you will be able to configure NetScaler environments to address application services security requirements with AppFirewall, as well as automate and manage network services for scale-out application architectures with Citrix NetScaler Management and Analytics System and optimize NetScaler managed application delivery traffic.
This course is offered in instructor-led training (ILT)/virtual instructor-led training (vILT) formats with application of concepts through hands-on exercises in a live lab environment.
This course combines CNS-318 (3 days) and CNS - 319 (2 days) and are delivered consecutively.
As part of this course, students will receive the following materials:
- Access to a lab environment for the duration of the course
- Lab exercise guide
- Access to final course deliverables including copies of all official materials presented by the instructor with additional notes and references as well as videos with experts throughout Citrix around course topics and lab exercises.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Identify common web attacks and vulnerabilities
- Write PERL compatible regular expressions
- Understand how to utilize the adaptive learning engine
- Configure AppFirewall to protect web applications
- Utilize NetScaler Secure Insight to Monitor, Manage and report on Application Services security
- Troubleshoot AppFirewall
- Manage multiple NetScaler platforms centrally
- Orchestrate configuration changes
- Report on transactions passing through the NetScaler environment
- Visualize infrastructure and plan expansion
Individuals interested in learning the skills required to deploy and manage AppFirewall to secure application access in their Citrix NetScaler environment and NetScaler MAS to administer a Citrix NetScaler environment, or optimize NetScaler-managed application delivery traffic.
Recommended as preparation for the following exams:
- 1Y0-340 - Citrix NetScaler Advanced Topics – Security, Management, and Optimization
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Application Firewall Overview (3 topics)
- AppFirewall solution Security Model
- Common Attacks Overview
- PC I- DSS Compliance
App Firewall Policies and Profiles (4 topics)
- Engine Settings
- AppFirewall Learning
Regular Expressions (6 topics)
- Forms of Regular Expressions
- Using Regular Expressions
- Meta/Literal Characters
- RegEx Tools
- Regular Expression Scope
Attacks and Protections (8 topics)
- Data Flow with AppFirewall
- Security Checks
- AppFirewall Actions
- Adaptive Learning
- Cookie Protection
- Advanced Form Protection Checks
- URL Protections
AppFirewall Monitoring and Troubleshooting (5 topics)
- AppFirewall and Web Applications
- Logging and Reporting
- Customizing Errors
- Netscaler Insight
Security and Filtering (4 topics)
- IP Reputation
- Rate Limiting
- HTTP Callout
NetScaler MAS Introduction (4 topics)
- CAn Introdutction to MAS
- MAS Deployment and Configuration
- Deploying MAS in High Availability
- MAS Instance Management
Managing and Monitoring MAS (4 topics)
- Inventory Management
- User Management
- Analytics and Automation
- SSL Certificate Management
Managing NetScaler Configuration (3 topics)
- Application Management
- Configuration Management
NetScaler Web Logging (3 topics)
- Understanding Web Traffic
- Installing and configuring NetScaler Web Logging
- Troubleshooting NetScaler Web Logging
NetScaler Integrated Caching (5 topics)
- Introduction to Integrated Caching
- Static and Dynamic Content
- Request and Response Process Flow
- Understanding Cache Policies
- Identifying Content Group Settings
Front-End Optimization (4 topics)
- Improving Content Delivery
- Front-End Optimization Use Cases
- Understanding Minification
- CSS Optimizations
Tuning and Optimizations (4 topics)
- Connections on the NetScaler
- Connection Profiles
- Queuing on the NetScaler
- Connection Tuning Practices
Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following courses:
- CNS-102 - NetScaler Overview
- CNS-220 - Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Traffic Management
- CNS-222 - Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Unified Gateway
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Citrix ADC Essentials and Traffic Management
This 5-day course enables delegates to gain an understanding of NetScaler features such as load balancing, SSL offload, classic and advanced expressions, rate limiting and AppExpert templates.
Citrix ADC Essentials and Citrix Gateway
This 5-day course enables delegates to gain an understanding of NetScaler 12 features such as load balancing, high availability and operations management.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.