Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
In this course, you increase your proficiency as a NetApp® ONTAP® software engineer by learning how to troubleshoot ONTAP environments. Specifically, you learn how to troubleshoot the management component, scale-out networking, NAS protocols (NFS and SMB), and SAN protocols (iSCSI). From lectures, demonstrations, and active exercises, you learn how to isolate issues, verify configurations, view logs, view trace messages, and use event management system messages for troubleshooting.
NetApp Technical Support engineers, Support Services Certified partner engineers, and Professional Services engineers.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (10 topics)
- Describe the different software components in the ONTAP architecture
- Describe the methodologies for troubleshooting management component applications, networks, and protocols
- Use troubleshooting workflows to identify failure symptoms, determine potential causes, and resolve issues
- Use debugging commands, logs, and tools to identify, isolate, and fix complex technical issues that involve different core components
- Check the health of a cluster and summarize the results
- Identify issues with the management component
- Use administrative commands to verify the configuration of NFS, SMB, and iSCSI
- Use the troubleshooting methodology for NFS, SMB, and iSCSI to define and isolate issues
- Locate logs for the management component, network, NFS, SMB, and iSCSI protocols
- Collect data for support cases
- A working knowledge of ONTAP software and NAS and SAN protocols.
- ONTAP Cluster Administration.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .