Ruby on Rails
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Ruby is a high level Interpreted, Object Oriented, rapid development language deployed in many scenarios in the modern world.
This Ruby on Rails course is designed to give delegates the knowledge to develop and maintain Ruby applications and Rails based projects.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Work with REST and describe the purpose of REST and the Rails MVC architecture
- Use RAILS and describe the purpose of Rails Routes
- Create a project using Ruby and Rails
- Create and customise a Rails Application using scaffold and the SQLite3 database
Developers who are required to write, maintain and test Ruby applications and projects based on Ruby on Rails.
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
REST (3 topics)
- What is REST
- RESTful architecture
- A simple REST client
Introduction to Ruby on Rails (5 topics)
- Install Ruby on Rails on an operating system
- The Model-View-Controller approach
- Rails Conventions
- Rails project structure
- Using RubyGems with Rails
Routing (5 topics)
- What is a Route
- Define routes that recognize incoming URLs
- Use named route methods to generate URLs based on the routing scheme
- Apply and understand the RESTful routing conventions
- Design apps to take advantage of the REST conventions in Rails
Models (5 topics)
- What is a Model
- Using ActiveRecord
Controllers (5 topics)
- What is a Controller
- Creating controllers
- Using ActionController
- Writing Actions
Views (5 topics)
- What is a View
- Exploring ActionView
- Writing Views for actions
Creating a Rails Project (8 topics)
- Creating the project
- Project Directory structure
- Using the Rails web server
- Creating the initial controller
- Modify the initial index.html file
- Setting the Route
- Creating a resource
- Viewing routes with rake
Rails Scaffolding (4 topics)
- What is Scaffolding
- Creating a new project
- Generating the Rail Scaffold
- Customising the application
Delegates attending this course should have experience programming in Ruby. This knowledge can be obtained by attendance on the pre-requisite Ruby Programming course.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|