Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Do you need to be able to interpret key financial statements quickly and effectively?
Do you want to be aware of the warning signals before there’s a problem?
Do you want to be confident that you can make the best possible decisions on the capital projects your organisation runs?
This course will show you how to interpret key financial statements, highlighting the questions and areas that matter. It shows how to understand key performance indicators to drive profitability. You will learn how to make the best decisions for your business.
You will benefit from this course if you need to understand the financial implications of your day-to-day decisions to increase the profitability and performance of your business – this course is suitable for managers with little or no financial knowledge.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Determine financial performance by analysing Financial Statements.
- Support business decisions through information gained from applying costing techniques.
- Build a budget.
- Build a Cost Benefit Analysis and apply investment appraisal techniques.
- Construct a cash flow.
- Evaluate a business case.
- Identifying the role and importance of Finance within organisations.
- Understanding some of the common terms and jargon that are used.
- Identifying the elements of the Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet.
- Learning about the tools that are used by the external market to judge organisations.
- Distinguishing between profit and cash.
- Familiarising yourself with how organisations identify the drivers of their financial Learning about the key techniques within management accounting, specifically costing, cash flow and budgeting, and how they are used to forecast performance and support decision-makin.
- Describing the key elements of a business case and understand the methods of financial justification.
Course Topics (11 topics)
- The Business Cycle: understand how money flows in a business.
- Business objectives: use financial data to achieve business targets.
- The profit and loss statement, the cash flow statement and the balance sheet.
- Accounting policies and how to stop abuses.
- Profit versus cash and other key financial ratios, how to use them effectively.
- Working capital management.
- Cash flow management.
- Cost control and reduction.
- Improving margins and sales in your business.
- Break-even analysis.
- Investment appraisal techniques.
Business Managers, Business Consultants and Analysts, Project Managers and all whose work involves an appreciation of finance, budgets, cashflow and accounting methods. It will also benefit anyone who will influence the making of financial decisions.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.