Oracle Linux 7 Advanced Administration
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This highly practical instructor led Oracle Linux 7 Advanced Administration training course is designed to give delegates practical experience in the administration of an Oracle Enterprise Linux (OL) system. With a strong emphasis on practical hands on training, this course will teach further essential administrative tasks required to successfully administer an Oracle Linux system.
Targeted to closely follow the official Oracle certification curriculum, this course together with the Administering Oracle Linux 7 course will enable the delegate to work towards achieving the Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Linux 6 System Administrator (1Z0-105) qualification.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Automate a system install using Kickstart
- Configure a DNS server
- Configure Samba, DHCP and HTTP servers
- How to configure client access to LDAP
- Learn about advanced network facilities and configure aggregated network links (teaming/network bonding)
- Advanced use of RPM and YUM package management tools
- Access Control Lists and Disk Quotas
- Virtualisation using Linux Containers, Docker and KVM
- Managing resources using systemd and control groups
- Introduction to SELinux (Security Enhanced Linux)
- Configure ISCSI
- Introduction to OCFS2 and Clusterware
- Use of DTrace to monitor performance
The Oracle Linux 7 Advanced Administration course is suitable for anyone who has acquired basic administration skills from attending the Linux Fundamentals and Oracle Linux 7 Administration course. This will include System Administrators, Support Engineers, Data Centre Managers, System Integrators and other technical IT staff who need to acquire knowledge of the key administration tasks required to administer a Oracle Linux system.
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Network Management and Name Services (10 topics)
- Configuring a DHCP server and client
- Configuring a DNS server and client access
- Master/Slave Zones
- Reverse lookup Zones
- Record types and their syntax
- Address Match Lists (acl)
- Configuring a Caching Only Name Server
- DNS in a chroot environment
- Testing a DNS server
Authentication and Directory Services (5 topics)
- What is LDAP?
- Configure access to an LDAP server
- Configure Kerberos
- System Security Services daemon (sss)
Centralised and Secure Storage (ISCSI) (4 topics)
- What is ISCSI?
- Setting up ISCSI Target and Initiator
- Accessing Centralised Storage
Configure Samba Services (3 topics)
- Configure file sharing between hosts with CIFS (Samba)
- Using smbclient and Konqueror to access shares
Configuring and Managing SELinux (5 topics)
- Configuration and customisation of SELinux
- Context types
- semanage, getsebool, setsebool, sealeart and chcon commands
- SELinux log files)
Further Management of Storage (7 topics)
- Access Control List (ACL's)
- Use of Extended attributes
- Authentication policies and User Private Groups
- Managing password files
- Using Disk Quota
- Overview of udev
Advanced Software Management (5 topics)
- The Yellow Dog Update, Modifier Tool (YUM)
- Creating a YUM repository
- Building a package
- Yum Plug-ins
PAM Modules (4 topics)
- What is PAM?
- PAM Configuration
- PAM Authentication Modules
Basic Mail Server Configuration (6 topics)
- Email Components
- Mail User, Mail Transport and Mail User Agents
- Postfix Configuration
- Configuring a null client using Postfix
- Dovecot - POP and IMAP services
Deploying a Web Server (7 topics)
- The Apache and Tux Web Servers
- Apache server configuration files
- Apache Configuration Directives
- Basic Server Configuration
- HTTP and SELinux
- Configuring https
Linux Containers and Docker (6 topics)
- What is a Linux Container?
- What are the advantages of Containers
- Creating and using a container
- What is Docker?
- Installing and configuring Docker
Virtualisation with XEN and KVM (4 topics)
- XEN and KVM differences
- Creating a KVM Virtual Machine
- Managing Linux on a Virtual System
Installing Oracle Linux Using Kickstart (7 topics)
- How Kickstart works
- Sections within a Kickstart configuration file
- Pre and Post Kickstart processing
- Creating a Kickstart file
- Creating the Linux Install Server
- Differing ways of starting a Kickstart installation
Introduction to OCFS2 and Clusterware (8 topics)
- What facilities are provided by OCFS2 and CLUSTERWARE
- Configuring OCFS2 on Linux
- Configuring Oracle Clusterware
- Clusterware Hardware and Software requirements
- Network configuration
- The voting disk and OCR
- Clusterware Daemons and Log files
- Lesson Review
Managing Resources Using Control Groups (4 topics)
- What are Control Groups?
- Controlling access to System Resources
- Configuring Control Units
Core Dump Analysis (4 topics)
- CCore Dump collection with Kdump and Kexec
- Using the crash utility
- Kernel Tuning Parameters
Dtrace (5 topics)
- What is Dtrace?
- Dtrace Facilities
- Dtrace Scripts
- Built in Variables
Familiarisation with the topics covered on the Oracle Linux 7 Administration course. Knowledge of configuring various network services and be able to setup firewall services using firewalld is also advisable.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Oracle Linux 7 Administration
This 5-day course provides the command line and GUI the skills required to work productively in the workplace using Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL).
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.