M55035: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 for the Site Owner/Power User
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Sharepoint Training Courses.
The Role of the Site Owner (9 topics)
- What is SharePoint?
- Team Collaboration
- Document Management
- Social Features
- SharePoint Administrative Roles
- Site Owner
- Site Collection Administrator
- Server Administrator
- SharePoint Administration Options by Role
Users, Groups and Permissions (16 topics)
- SharePoint Security Best Practices
- Users and Groups
- Adding Users and Groups
- Adding Site Collection Administrators
- Permissions and Permission Levels
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Configuring List and Library Permissions
- Working with Audiences and Content Filtering
- Managing User Alerts
- Lab: Users, Groups and Permissions
- Add new users to a site
- Create a permission level for Add, Edit, but not Delete
- Create a new group for the site
- Create a new group for granular permissions
- Create a subsite with unique permissions
- Set unique permissions on a library and a folder
Site and Site Collection Features (5 topics)
- What is a Feature?
- Activating and Deactivating Features
- Commonly Used Features
- Lab: Site and Site Collection Features
- Add a Site Notebook to a Team Site.
Managing Sites and Pages (13 topics)
- Creating Subsites
- Site Templates
- Site Lifecycle and Site Deletion
- Configuring the Look and Feel of a Site
- Configuring Navigation Options
- Language Settings
- Adding and Managing Pages
- Working with Web Part Pages
- Frequently Used Web Parts
- Lab: Managing Sites and Pages
- Managing Sites and Pages
- Create a page about an event.
- Create a web part page and work with web parts.
Working with Lists and Libraries (21 topics)
- SharePoint Lists and List Features
- Document Libraries
- Libraries vs. Lists with Attachments
- Adding Columns to Lists and Libraries
- Column and Item Validation
- Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings
- Creating List and Library Views
- Working with Office Web Apps
- Organizing Content Using Folders and Metadata
- Picture, Asset and Other Libraries
- Working with the Recycle Bin
- Configuring RSS Feeds
- Configuring Incoming Email
- About Tags and Notes and Ratings
- Lab: Working with Lists and Libraries
- Customizing lists and libraries
- Open, edit and manage documents in Microsoft Office applications and Office Web Apps.
- Delete documents and recover them from the Recycle Bins.
- Configure and work with document versioning.
- Create metadata grouped views.
- Create a custom Calendar view on a library.
Document Management (13 topics)
- Information Management Policy Settings
- Auditing List and Document Activity
- Working with Site Columns and Content Types
- Built-in Content Types
- Managing Business Content Using Content Types
- Using Document Sets
- Using the Content Organizer
- An Overview of Records Management
- Lab: Document Management
- Create a Content Type for Purchase Orders
- Add Content Types to a library
- Configure Document Sets
- Editing and managing documents in a library
SharePoint Workflows (7 topics)
- SharePoint Workflows
- Out of the Box Workflow Demo
- Lab: SharePoint Workflows
- Configuring an Approval Workflow
- Module 8: Monitoring SharePoint Activity
- Usage Reports
- Search Reports
SharePoint Apps (Optional) (7 topics)
- What is an App?
- Working with Built-in Apps
- The SharePoint App Store
- The Corporate App Store
- Request an App
- Lab: SharePoint Apps (Optional)
- Browse the SharePoint App Store and download a free app. (Optional)
The SharePoint Community Site (6 topics)
- Building online communities using SharePoint
- Discussion and Moderation
- Rating discussions and earning points
- Lab: The SharePoint Community Site (Optional)
- Interact with other SharePoint users in discussion forums.
- Rate posts and earn reputation points.
Strong SharePoint 2010 or 2013 end user skills or have attended “Introduction to SharePoint 2013 for Collaboration and Document Management” or similar.