M55035: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 for the Site Owner/Power User
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This two day class is designed for information workers or power users who serve as SharePoint Site Owners or Site Collection Administrators. Students should take this course if they need to know how to manage the team collaboration, document management and social features of Microsoft SharePoint 2013. This class is an excellent prerequisite for IT Professionals who work as SharePoint Server Administrators attending 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. This class can be delivered using Site Collections on an in-house server, virtual machines or Office 365.
- Manage Sites and Site Collections
- Add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security
- Add and configure web parts
- Configure site options including theme, title, description and icon
- Configure site navigation
- View site activity reports
- Customize lists and libraries
- Work with Site Columns and Site Content Types
- Configure Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning
- Create and modify pages and web part pages
This course is intended for SharePoint Site Owners, SharePoint Site Collection Administrators and SharePoint Administrators and Developers.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
The Role of the Site Owner (9 topics)
- What is SharePoint?
- Team Collaboration
- Document Management
- Social Features
- SharePoint Administrative Roles
- Site Owner
- Site Collection Administrator
- Server Administrator
- SharePoint Administration Options by Role
Users, Groups and Permissions (16 topics)
- SharePoint Security Best Practices
- Users and Groups
- Adding Users and Groups
- Adding Site Collection Administrators
- Permissions and Permission Levels
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Configuring List and Library Permissions
- Working with Audiences and Content Filtering
- Managing User Alerts
- Lab: Users, Groups and Permissions
- Add new users to a site
- Create a permission level for Add, Edit, but not Delete
- Create a new group for the site
- Create a new group for granular permissions
- Create a subsite with unique permissions
- Set unique permissions on a library and a folder
Site and Site Collection Features (5 topics)
- What is a Feature?
- Activating and Deactivating Features
- Commonly Used Features
- Lab: Site and Site Collection Features
- Add a Site Notebook to a Team Site.
Managing Sites and Pages (13 topics)
- Creating Subsites
- Site Templates
- Site Lifecycle and Site Deletion
- Configuring the Look and Feel of a Site
- Configuring Navigation Options
- Language Settings
- Adding and Managing Pages
- Working with Web Part Pages
- Frequently Used Web Parts
- Lab: Managing Sites and Pages
- Managing Sites and Pages
- Create a page about an event.
- Create a web part page and work with web parts.
Working with Lists and Libraries (21 topics)
- SharePoint Lists and List Features
- Document Libraries
- Libraries vs. Lists with Attachments
- Adding Columns to Lists and Libraries
- Column and Item Validation
- Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings
- Creating List and Library Views
- Working with Office Web Apps
- Organizing Content Using Folders and Metadata
- Picture, Asset and Other Libraries
- Working with the Recycle Bin
- Configuring RSS Feeds
- Configuring Incoming Email
- About Tags and Notes and Ratings
- Lab: Working with Lists and Libraries
- Customizing lists and libraries
- Open, edit and manage documents in Microsoft Office applications and Office Web Apps.
- Delete documents and recover them from the Recycle Bins.
- Configure and work with document versioning.
- Create metadata grouped views.
- Create a custom Calendar view on a library.
Document Management (13 topics)
- Information Management Policy Settings
- Auditing List and Document Activity
- Working with Site Columns and Content Types
- Built-in Content Types
- Managing Business Content Using Content Types
- Using Document Sets
- Using the Content Organizer
- An Overview of Records Management
- Lab: Document Management
- Create a Content Type for Purchase Orders
- Add Content Types to a library
- Configure Document Sets
- Editing and managing documents in a library
SharePoint Workflows (7 topics)
- SharePoint Workflows
- Out of the Box Workflow Demo
- Lab: SharePoint Workflows
- Configuring an Approval Workflow
- Module 8: Monitoring SharePoint Activity
- Usage Reports
- Search Reports
SharePoint Apps (Optional) (7 topics)
- What is an App?
- Working with Built-in Apps
- The SharePoint App Store
- The Corporate App Store
- Request an App
- Lab: SharePoint Apps (Optional)
- Browse the SharePoint App Store and download a free app. (Optional)
The SharePoint Community Site (6 topics)
- Building online communities using SharePoint
- Discussion and Moderation
- Rating discussions and earning points
- Lab: The SharePoint Community Site (Optional)
- Interact with other SharePoint users in discussion forums.
- Rate posts and earn reputation points.
Strong SharePoint 2010 or 2013 end user skills or have attended “Introduction to SharePoint 2013 for Collaboration and Document Management” or similar.