Managing Industrial Networks for Manufacturing with Cisco Technologies
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This course is a lab-based course which helps students with the foundational skills needed for the management and administration of networked industrial control systems. It helps plant administrators, control system engineers and traditional network engineers understand networking technologies that are needed in todays connected plants and enterprises. This course also helps prepare for the Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist Certification exam (200-601) and earn the Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist certification.
This course is job-role specific and enables you to achieve competency and skills to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial network systems while helping to ensure network availability, reliability, and Internet security throughout your company.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Understand the functions of the OSI layers and TCP/IP Model
- Recognize the difference between enterprise and industrial Networks.
- Troubleshoot the Common Issues Found in Layers 1, 2 , 3 of the OSI Model.
- Describe the functions and components of EtherNet/IP protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot EtherNet/IP on Cisco and Stratix Switches
- Describe the Functions and Components of the PROFINET Protocol
- Configure and troubleshoot PROFINET Protocols on Cisco Industrial Ethernet Devices
- Identify Common Network Threats and Resolutions and Configure Basic Security Components (Access Lists and AAA Features)
- Configure a Wireless Network within an Industrial Environment
Plant administrators, control system engineers and traditional network engineers in the manufacturing, process control, and oil and gas industries, who will be involved with the convergence of IT and Industrial networks.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Industrial Networking Concepts and Components (7 topics)
- Contrasting Enterprise and Industrial Environments
- Using Configuration Tools for Industrial Ethernet Switches
- Exploring Layer 2 Considerations
- Configuring Layer 2 Resiliency with Spanning Tree Protocol
- Understanding Layer 2 Resiliency Considerations
- Identifying Multicast Control and QoS within Cell/Area Zones
- Exploring Layer 3 Considerations
General Troubleshooting Issues (4 topics)
- Troubleshooting Methodologies
- Troubleshooting Layer 1 Issues
- Troubleshooting Layer 2 Issues
- Troubleshooting Layer 3 Issues
Ethernet/IP (5 topics)
- Describing EtherNet/IP Functionality and Connection Methods
- Exploring Hardware Capabilities
- Exploring CIP Sync, CIP Motion, and CIP Safety
- Exploring Device-Level Ring
- Configuring EtherNet/IP
Troublshooting Ethernet/IP (2 topics)
- Identifying Common EtherNet/IP Issues
- EtherNet/IP Troubleshooting Methods and Tools
PROFINET (3 topics)
- Describing PROFINET Functionality and Connection Methods
- Describing Basic PROFINET Devices
- Understanding Ring Network Requirements
PROFINET Configuration (3 topics)
- Enabling and Prioritizing PROFINET at Layer 2
- Integrating Cisco Industrial Ethernet Switches
- Configuring Cisco IE Switch Alarms Over PROFINET
PROFINET Troubleshooting (2 topics)
- Identifying PROFINET Troubleshooting Methods
- Exploring PROFINET Troubleshooting Tools
Security Concerns (2 topics)
- Learning About the Defense-in-Depth Strategy
- Controlling Access and Network Traffic
802.11 Industrial Ethernet Wireless Networking (2 topics)
- Understanding 802.11 Networks
- Industrial WLAN Design Considerations
Labs (23 topics)
- Lab 1: Connecting to the remote LAB environment
- Lab 2: Configure 802.1q Trunks
- Lab 3: Configure and Apply Smartports Macros
- Lab 4: Configure and Apply Custom Smartports Macros
- Lab 5: Configure and Applyi EtherChannel
- Lab 6: Configure Resilient Ethernet Protocol
- Lab 7: Configure Resilient Ethernet Protocol Features
- Lab 8: Configure and Verify Storm Control
- Lab 9: Verify IP IGMP Snooping Querier
- Lab 10: Configure QoS settings
- Lab 11: Using IOS Troubleshooting Tools
- Lab 12: Verify Layer 2 Endpoint Device Connectivity
- Lab 13: Verify Layer 2 Inter-Switch Connectivity
- Lab 14: Troubleshoot a Broken REP Segment
- Lab 15: Verify Layer 3 Reachability
- Lab 16: Perform a Packet Capture
- Lab 17: Troubleshoot Network Issues
- Lab 18: Configure CIP on Industrial Switches
- Lab 19: Troubleshoot EtherNet/IP Communication Issues
- Lab 20: Configure PROFINET Support
- Lab 21: Troubleshoot PROFINET Communication Issues
- Lab 22: Configure Port Security Mechanisms
- Lab 23: Configure 802.1x and AAA to Use Cisco ISE
Attendees should meet the following prereqisites:
- Have attended IMINS or ICND1 or have equivalent knowledge
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
A 5-day Training Course on ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1; Install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.