DevOps Practitioner DASA
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
DASA DevOps Practitioner builds upon the DASA DevOps Fundamentals qualification. The key focus of DevOps Practitioner is on the 4 skill areas required for successful DevOps results.
The DevOps Practitioner course prepares candidates for the Practitioner qualification. It is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps into practice. With the help of DevOps theory, pragmatic examples and exercises, and interactive group discussions, the course will help you understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps.
The objectives of this course are to:
- Explain why courage, team building, leadership, and continuous improvement are required in a DevOps environment.
- Explain why courage is essential to enable trust, honesty, and experimentation.
- Identify and evaluate different types of behavior in a DevOps environment.
- Recognize the signals indicating impediments and/or team dysfunctions.
- Describe how to form good DevOps teams.
- List the effects of happiness and motivation on team performance.
- Assess the maturity of DevOps teams.
- Identify how leaders encourage feedback and transparency.
- Discuss the factors that leaders can influence to build trust.
- Explain how and why leaders promote a “Safe to fail” environment.
- Analyze value streams to improve throughput and flow.
- Facilitate the tools for continuous improvement: structured problem-solving workshops, Story Mapping sessions, and retrospectives.
Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT service management
Individuals whose role are affected by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as:
- DevOps engineers
- Product owners
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- Incident and change managers
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Business managers
- Automation architects
- Enterprise architects
The DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) Practitioner Certificate is awarded upon passing the exam.
- Online or paper-based
- Closed book
- 45 minutes
- 12 multiple choice questions
- 60% pass mark (36 / 60)
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Teambuilding (15 topics)
- Design Teams
- Introduction to a DevOps Team
- Characteristics of a DevOps Team
- Boundaries for a DevOps Team
- Build Teams:
- Creating High Performance Teams
- Feedback: Giving and Taking
- Shared Responsibility and Accountability
- Governance on Three Levels
- Governance Within a Team
- Governance Between Teams
- Governance Between Organizations
- External Suppliers
DevOps Leadership (16 topics)
- Build Culture:
- Create the Right Environment
- Change the Habitual Behavior
- Fail Fast to Improve
- Maintain the Agile Soil
- Create Purpose:
- Know the Importance of Storytelling
- Define the Purpose of Having a Purpose
- Relate Alignment with Autonomy
- Be a Servant Leader:
- Give Control to the Team
- Inspire and Support the Team
- Make Your Own Leadership Manifesto
- Focus on Success:
- Customer Value and Team Success
- Measure and Steer Value
Courage (15 topics)
- Build Courage:
- Importance of Courage
- Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Courage in Relationship with Leadership and Feedback
- Courage at the Team Level
- Dealing with Failure
- Think Different:
- Think Different on a Day-to-day Basis
- During Standups
- Standup from Hell
- 10th Man Rule
- Think Different in an Organized Way
- Open Allocation Time
Value - Customer Centric Action (14 topics)
- Different Aspects of Value:
- Customer Value
- The Different 'Voices'
- Stakeholder Management:
- Know Your Stakeholders
- Categorize the Stakeholders
- Combining Lean Startup and DevOps:
- The Lean Startup Process
- The Lean Startup Versus Chaos
- Combining the Lean Startup and DevOps
- The Power of Story Mapping:
- Product/Service Development Approaches
- Need for Story Mapping
- Creating Story Maps
Continuous Improvement (16 topics)
- Build Flow:
- Build Optimal Flow
- Multitasking and One Piece Flow
- Little's Law and Optimization of Process Lead Time
- Valualize Flow
- Flow and Resource Utilization
- Types of Continuous Improvement:
- Radical Change
- Continuous Improvement Tools:
- Kaizen Event
- Value Stream Mapping
- Visual Management
- Daily Standup
- Five Times 'Why'
Exam Preparation Guide
You must be a holder of the DASA DevOps Fundamentals Certificate.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.