Crypto Currency Forensics and Block Chain Security
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This course is aimed for anyone interested in obtaining a broad overview of blockchain technology and crypto currency forensics.
This course is an introductory 2-day course ideal for developers, auditors, law enforcement and government.
After this course, you’ll know all you need to be able to separate fact from fiction by obtaining a conceptual foundation of the blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. There are several hands-on labs within the delivery.
The course covers the broad topics essential to the blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, how to build a case for investigation and how to audit a transaction. Open source intelligence tools and darknet forensics will also be explored.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Build their own blockchain and explain how it works.
- Draw a diagram explaining how cryptocurrency works in line with the blockchain.
- Forensically investigate a bitcoin transaction activity involving the use of darknet.
- Audit a bitcoin transaction from the bitcoinica hack 2012 using blockseer blockchain explorer.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to the Blockchain (5 topics)
- Network Structure
- Key characteristics and concepts
- Mining process
- Application of blockchain
Introduction to Cryptocurrency (4 topics)
- Technology, Protocols and Tokens
- History and Evolution of Bitcoin
- Transaction Process
- Evaluation of Cryptocurrency
Building a Case (4 topics)
- Exchange and Wallets
- Darknet and Black market
- Forums, Blockchain and Forensic Images
Auditing a Transaction (3 topics)
- Audit and Assurance
- Cases of challenges in audit process
- Examination of bitcoin addresses
There are no specific pre-requisites to attend this course, however we do expect delegates to have a basic understanding of technology, computing and the internet.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.