Crypto Currency Forensics and Block Chain Security
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is aimed for anyone interested in obtaining a broad overview of blockchain technology and crypto currency forensics.
This course is an introductory 2-day course ideal for developers, auditors, law enforcement and government.
After this course, you’ll know all you need to be able to separate fact from fiction by obtaining a conceptual foundation of the blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. There are several hands-on labs within the delivery.
The course covers the broad topics essential to the blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, how to build a case for investigation and how to audit a transaction. Open source intelligence tools and darknet forensics will also be explored.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Build their own blockchain and explain how it works.
- Draw a diagram explaining how cryptocurrency works in line with the blockchain.
- Forensically investigate a bitcoin transaction activity involving the use of darknet.
- Audit a bitcoin transaction from the bitcoinica hack 2012 using blockseer blockchain explorer.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to the Blockchain (5 topics)
- Network Structure
- Key characteristics and concepts
- Mining process
- Application of blockchain
Introduction to Cryptocurrency (4 topics)
- Technology, Protocols and Tokens
- History and Evolution of Bitcoin
- Transaction Process
- Evaluation of Cryptocurrency
Building a Case (4 topics)
- Exchange and Wallets
- Darknet and Black market
- Forums, Blockchain and Forensic Images
Auditing a Transaction (3 topics)
- Audit and Assurance
- Cases of challenges in audit process
- Examination of bitcoin addresses
There are no specific pre-requisites to attend this course, however we do expect delegates to have a basic understanding of technology, computing and the internet.