BCS Professional Certificate in Business Finance
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This certification assesses competence, knowledge and understanding of the concepts and techniques applied in financial management and reporting. Key frameworks and tools that will enhance an understanding of finance will be thoroughly explored. The significance and importance of finance and the impact that all staff and their roles and decisions have on this crucial discipline will be examined.
- 40 multiple choice questions
- 1hr 30mins. Candidates are entitled to an additional 23 minutes if they are sitting an examination in a language that is not their native/official language
- Examination is supervised
- Closed book examination
- Pass mark 26/40 (65%)
- Calculators may be used during this examination
- Paper-based examination
- Explain sources of finance and comprehend financial “jargon”
- Interpret financial documents: statements of financial position (balance sheet), income statement (profit and loss account), statement of cash flows (cash flow statement)
- Explain the difference between profit and cash
- Explain the depreciation of assets
- Use financial rations to evaluate supplier financial stability
- Interpret financial ratios
- Construct and interpret a cash flow forecast
- State the application and limitation of financial ratios
- Define the contents of a business case
- Classify costs and benefits for the inclusion in a business case
- Undertake a financial appraisal
- Calculate the weighted average cost of capital
- Understand the key differences between the various investment appraisal techniques
- Explain the characteristics and concepts of budgeting
- Calculate a flexed budget
- State the different categories of cost
- Undertake costing calculations using different costing approaches: marginal costing, full costing, job costing, activity based costing
- Explain the differences between financing and leasing
- Define the financial characteristics of outsourcing
- State the contents of an outsourcing financial case
If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable please contact your Account Manager.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (8 topics)
- Purpose of business: legal entities, sources of finance
- Key financial statements, concepts and vocabulary
- Evaluating supplier financial stability
- Contents and structure of a business case
- Financial justification of a business case
- Budgets and budgeting
- Costs and costing
- Financing service delivery
- Pre-course reading applies.
- Delegates MUST have senior BA experience.
Prerequisites for including this course as part of the Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis:
This course is one of the BCS professional certificates offered by QA which can be combined and lead to the Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis.
If you are planning to work towards obtaining the Advanced Diploma then you must already hold the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis and provide further evidential criteria, see below for details.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|