BCS EXIN Foundation Certificate in SIAM®
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Service Integration and Management (SIAM®) is a management framework used to manage multiple service providers and to integrate them seamlessly to provide a single business-facing IT organisation. This three-day course, designed by QA's industry leading service management experts, is fully accredited by BCS EXIN and provides you with an initial foundation level introduction to SIAM® terminology and core principles.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental concepts of Service Integration and an understanding of bringing together multiple service providers to strive for a common goal, in order to support the client organisations’ agreed objectives for service delivery.
Specific Learning Objectives of the SIAM® Foundation Certificate address the following areas:
1 - Introduction to Service Integration and Management (SIAM®)
2 - SIAM® implementation roadmap
3 - SIAM® and its relation to other management practices
4 - SIAM® roles and responsibilities
5 - SIAM® practices
6 - Processes to support SIAM®
7 - SIAM® challenges and risks
There is a 60 minute, 40 question, multiple choice, closed book exam associated with this qualification to be taken on the afternoon of day 3 of the course. The pass mark for this exam is 65% (26 out of 40).
SIAM® is a registered trademark of EXIN (reg. nr. 723940)
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Service Integration and Management [SIAM®] (4 topics)
- Outline the SIAM® fundamentals
- Outline the purpose and value of a SIAM® approach
- Describe (business) drivers for SIAM®
- Describe the SIAM® methodology and the various structures suggested for the service integrator layer
Service Integration and Management Implementation Roadmap (5 topics)
- List the SIAM® implementation key stages and explain the main objectives and activities of these stages.
- Outline the main objectives, triggers, inputs, activities and outputs in the discovery and strategy stage.
- Outline the main objectives, triggers, inputs, activities and outputs in the plan and build stage.
- Outline the main objectives, triggers, inputs, activities and outputs in the implement stage.
- Outline the main objectives, triggers, inputs, activities and outputs in the run and improve stage.
Service Integration and Management roles and responsibilities (2 topics)
- Explain SIAM® roles and responsibilities.
- Explain the SIAM® structural elements.
Service Integration and Management practices (4 topics)
- Describe the people practices of managing cross functional teams.
- Describe the process practices of integrating processes across service providers.
- Describe the measurement practices of enabling and reporting on End to End Services.
- Describe the technology practices of creating a tooling strategy.
Processes to support Service Integration and Management (2 topics)
- Outline the function of processes in a SIAM® ecosystem.
- Understand the objectives and SIAM® considerations of the main processes that support Service Integration and Management.
Service Integration and Management challenges and risks (7 topics)
- Describe the importance of building the business case, the associated risks and mitigations.
- Describe the importance of culture, collaboration and cooperation, the associated risks and mitigations.
- Describe the importance of level of control and ownership, the associated challenges and mitigations.
- Outline the importance of security, the associated risks and mitigations.
- Describe the challenges associated with measuring success and its mitigations.
- Describe the importance of trust/eliminating micro-management and level of control, the associated risks and mitigations.
- Define the commercial challenges, the challenges with legacy contracts and their mitigations.
Service Integration and Management and other practices (1 topic)
- Describe the contribution of the following frameworks and standards to a SIAM® ecosystem: IT service management including ITIL® and ISO/IEC 20000, Agile, including Agile Service Management, DevOps, COBIT and Lean.
There are no specific pre-requisites for entry to this course and exam. However it is strongly recommended that candidates have good knowledge of IT Service Management terminology, for instance through a recognized IT Service Management framework.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.