Certified Information Privacy Professional
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Every day, we access, share, manage and transfer data across companies, continents and the globe. Knowing the ins and outs of data protection requirements gives you the information you need to stay ahead of breaches—and help you advance your career.
The Principles of Data Protection in Europe training covers the essential pan-European and national data protection laws, as well as industry-standard best practices for compliance with these laws. You’ll gain an understanding of the European model for privacy enforcement, key privacy terminology and practical concepts governing the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
This course is designed for anyone whose work is related to the processing of personal data, particularly those in the public sector and from EU institutions, agencies and bodies, including:
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Lawyers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Officers
- Record Managers
- Human Resources Officers
- Data Protection Professionals
- Anyone who uses, processes and maintains personal data
*Please note: that whilst exam costs are covered within the fee of this course, you will need to book your exam via the IAPP website. Delegates will be emailed their Kryterion exam voucher code by the IAPP directly after completion of the course. The voucher is valid for six months from point of receipt.
Principles of Data Protection in Europe covers the essential pan-European and national data protection laws, as well as industry-standard best practices for corporate compliance with these laws. Those taking this course will gain an understanding of the European model for privacy enforcement, key privacy terminology and practical concepts concerning the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
The training is based on the body of knowledge for the IAPP’s ANSI-accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) certification program.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Data Protection Laws (1 topic)
- Introduces key European data protection laws and regulatory bodies, describing the evolution toward a Harmonised European Legislative Framework.
Module 2: Personal Data (1 topic)
- Defines and differentiates between types of data-including personal, anonymous, pseudo-anonymous and special categories.
Module 3: Controllers and Processors (1 topic)
- Describes the roles and relationships of controllers and processors.
Module 4: Processing Personal Data (1 topic)
- Defines data processing and GDPR processing principles, Explains the application of the GDPR and outlines the legitimate bases for processing personal data.
Module 5: Information provision (1 topic)
- Explains controller obligations for providing information about data processing activities to data subjects and Supervisory Authorities.
Module 6: Data Subjects 'Rights (1 topic)
- Describes data subjects' rights, applications of rights and obligations controller and processor.
Module 7: Security or Processing (1 topic)
- Discusses considerations and duties of controllers and processors for Ensuring security of personal data and providing notification of data breaches.
Module 8: Accountability (1 topic)
- Investigates accountability requirements, data protection management systems, data protection impact assessments, privacy policies and the role of the data protection officer.
Module 9: International Data Transfers (1 topic)
- Outlines options and obligations for transferring data outside the European Economic Area, Decisions adequacy and appropriateness safeguards and derogations.
Module 10: Super Visions and Enforcement (1 topic)
- Describes the role, powers and procedures or Supervisory Authorities; the composition and tasks of the European Data Protection Board; the role of the European Data Protection Supervisor; and remedies, liabilities and penalties for non-compliance.
Module 11: Compliance (1 topic)
- Discusses the applications of European data protection law, legal bases and compliance requirements for processing personal data in practice, employers-including processing employee data, surveillance, direct marketing, Internet technology and communications and outsourcing.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.