M20467D: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This training course teaches database and business intelligence (BI) professionals how to plan and design a BI solution that is based on Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft BI technologies.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan a BI solution.
- Plan SQL Server BI infrastructure.
- Design a data warehouse.
- Design an extract, transform and load (ETL) solution.
- Design analytical data models.
- Plan a BI delivery solution.
- Design a Reporting Services solution.
- Design a Microsoft Excel-based reporting solution.
- Plan a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Operate a BI solution.
This course is not designed for students who are new to SQL Server 2014 BI technologies; it is targeted at BI professionals with experience of implementing solutions with SQL Server database Engine, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19 inch and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution (1024) being the most critical.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Planning a BI Solution (4 topics)
- Elements of a BI Solution
- Planning a BI Project
- The Microsoft BI Platform
- Lab: Planning BI Solutions
Planning SQL Server Business Intelligence Infrastructure (3 topics)
- Considerations of BI Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
- Lab: Planning BI Infrastructure
Designing a Data Warehouse (4 topics)
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Design FACT tables
- Lab: Designing a Data Warehouse Logical Schema
Designing an ETL Solution (5 topics)
- ETL Overview
- Planning for Data Extraction
- Planning for Data Transformations
- Planning for Data Loading
- Lab: Designing an ETL Solution
Designing Analytical Data Models (4 topics)
- Introduction to Analytical data Models
- Designing Analytical Data Models
- Lab: Designing Analytical Data Model
- Lab: Designing Dimensions and Hierarchies
Planning a BI Delivery Solution (4 topics)
- Considerations for BI delivery
- Common Reporting Scenarios
- Choosing a Reporting Tool
- Lab: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
Designing a Reporting Services Solution (4 topics)
- Planning a Reporting Solution
- Designing Reports
- Planning Report Consistency
- Lab: Designing a Reporting Services Solution
Designing an Excel Based reporting Solution (4 topics)
- Using Excel for Data Reporting and Analysis
- PowerPivot in Excel
- Power View in Excel
- Lab: Designing and Excel Reporting Solution
Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution (7 topics)
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
- Lab: Implementing a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Lab: Implementing PerformancePoint Services
Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution (5 topics)
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Analyzing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
- Lab: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
Operating a BI Solution (6 topics)
- Overview of BI Operations
- ETL Operations
- Data Warehouse Operations
- Analysis Services Operations
- Reporting Services Operations
- Lab: Operating a BI Solution
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- A basic understanding of dimensional modeling (star schema) for data warehouses
- Basic server hardware knowledge
- The ability to create Integration Services packages that include control flows and data flows
- The ability to create a basic multidimensional cube with Analysis Services
- The ability to create a basic tabular model with PowerPivot and Analysis Services
- The ability to create Reporting Services reports with Report Designer
- The ability to implement authentication and permissions in the SQL Server database engine, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.