M20779: Analyzing Data with Excel
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is intended for both novice and experienced programmers who have a minimum of three months programming experience and have basic Windows navigation skills.
This course is intended for anyone responsible for analyzing data with Excel. The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore and extend a classic Excel dashboard.
- Explore and extend an Excel data model.
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file.
- Import data from a SQL Server database
- Import data from a report.
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions.
- Create data visualizations in Excel.
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19 inch and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution (1024) being the most critical.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Data Analysis in Excel (8 topics)
- Classic Data Analysis with Excel
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Limitations of Classic Data Analysis
- Lab: Building a Classic Excel Dashboard
- Filtering and Formatting Data
- Building a Pivot Table
- Building a Pivot Chart
- Building a Dashboard
The Excel Data Model (7 topics)
- Using an Excel Data Model
- Lab: Explore an Excel Data Model
- Create Calculated Columns
- Format Data Model Data
- Create Measures
- Analyze the Data
Importing Data from Files (6 topics)
- Importing Data into Excel
- Shaping and Transforming Data
- Loading Data
- Lab: Importing Data from a CSV File
- Import and Transform Data from a CSV File
- Add Data from a Folder
Importing Data from Databases (8 topics)
- Available Data Sources
- Previewing, Shaping, and Transforming Data
- Table Relationships and Hierarchies
- Loading Data
- Lab: Import Data from Multiple Sources
- Import Data from SQL Server
- Import Data from a CSV File
- Create a Data Table
Importing Data from Excel Reports (6 topics)
- Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Transforming Excel report Data
- Lab: Importing Data from a Report
- Import Data from Excel
- Transform the Excel Data
- Load the Data into an Excel Data Model
Creating and Formatting Measures (7 topics)
- Advanced DAX Functions
- Lab: Creating Measures using Advanced DAX Functions
- Last year comparison
- Year to date
- Market Share
Visualizing Data in Excel (7 topics)
- Pivot Charts
- Cube Functions
- Charts for Cube Functions
- Lab: Data Visualization in Excel
- Create a Tabular Report
- Create a Pivot Chart
- Add Slicers to Charts
Using Excel with Power BI (6 topics)
- Power BI
- Uploading Excel Data to Power BI
- Power BI Mobile App
- Lab: Creating a Power BI Dashboard with Excel
- Uploading Excel Data
- Creating a Power BI Dashboard
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Good Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, functions, and charts.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.