Social Media Open Source Intelligence
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Cyber Security Training Courses.
Social Media (7 topics)
- What is social media?
- Describe the wide variety and most popular social networks
- Where to find the information?
- What information is shared on social network platforms?
- Social Media search engines
- Live monitoring social media content
- How to securely capture and save the information they uncover
Facebook and Messenger (7 topics)
- What is Facebook?
- Facebook settings
- Facebook searching
- What is "Facebook" Messenger?
- What information can be found on Messenger?
- Accessing Facebook on the dark web
- Using Facebook API to find information
Twitter and Twitter third party apps (7 topics)
- What is Twitter?
- Advanced Twitter search tools
- Learn key third-party tools for gathering intelligence
- Use tools for collating real-time News
- Geolocation tagged social media apps
- Identify devices being used to send Tweets
- Twitter search engines
YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and WhatsApp (7 topics)
- YouTube search tools
- Viewing metadata of YouTube videos
- What information that can be found on Instagram and what search tools can be used?
- Using a Instagram API to find information
- What information that can be found on Pinterest and what search tools can be used?
- Using a Pinterest API to find information
- What information that can be found on WhatsApp and what search tools can be used?
Reddit, LinkedIn, Google+, VK, Snapchat and Skype (8 topics)
- What information that can be found on Reddit and what search tools can be used?
- Sub-Reddit boards and how to use them as an intelligence asset
- LinkedIn search tools and intelligence gathering
- Google+ search and historical postings
- Snapchat search tools
- Skype search tools
- VK postings and search tools
- Using facial recognition software to identify VK users
Blogs, Vlogs, Forums, Bulletin Boards, Gaming sites and Off topic boards (7 topics)
- Current internet forums, communities and discussion boards
- How to exploit Blogs and Vlogs for intelligence?
- Tumblr source of intelligence and information
- Forum/Blog search engines
- Gaming sites
- Off topic boards
- How to locate Historical postings?
Geo spatial analysis of Social Media - individuals, images and devices (8 topics)
- Geo-locating images and videos
- Content base searching
- Reverse image searching
- Video sharing sites
- Facial recognition
- Image verification
- Geo-Spatial image identification from posts on Social Media
- How devices expose our data whilst using social media
Forensic Linguistics in social media messaging (4 topics)
- To identify an urban language being used and to help comprehend the meaning.
- What is an 'urban language'?
- Where to find information online and what websites can help in deciphering the text.
- Forensic linguistic techniques used in deciphering social media messaging, the content and style.
Participants are expected to have a good knowledge of Open Source Intelligence techniques and have completed the Open
Source Inteligence Introduction course (QAOSCII).