Sharepoint 2016 Hybrid Deployment End to End - Hands on
This course has been superseded by the SharePoint Hybrid Deployment and Migration course.
Module 1: Overview of the Microsoft Cloud and SharePoint Hybrid (1 topic)
- This module gives students an overview of the cloud service offerings from Microsoft, namely, Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure, and discusses what the benefits are of having Microsoft as your cloud technology partner. The module then introduces the concept of a hybrid environment and covers what benefits it can offer to an organization. Lastly, it provides an overview of the key features and capabilities of a SharePoint hybrid environment.
Module 2: Overview of Azure AD, Identity Models, and Office 365 Subscription Plans (1 topic)
- This module provides students with more detail on the features and capabilities of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure in a SharePoint hybrid environment to help them get started when planning for SharePoint hybrid. Students will learn about Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), the hybrid identity models, the Office 365 subscription plan options, and an overview of how to configure a hybrid SharePoint environment.
Module 3: SharePoint Hybrid Authorization and Authentication Architecture Planning (1 topic)
- This module provides students with details on the architectural topology options for SharePoint hybrid, and discusses the permission and authentication trust components required for a hybrid environment in SharePoint. It also provides information on how authorization and authentication works in such an environment and discusses how identities can be federated.
Module 4: Preparing Your Environment for SharePoint Hybrid (1 topic)
- This module provides students with information on the prerequisites that need to be installed and configured to implement and manage a SharePoint hybrid environment. It also discusses the steps required to get your existing environment ready for SharePoint hybrid, including performing network and domain readiness checks, preparing your directory, remediating any existing user attribute issues, and planning certificate requirements.
Module 5: Directory Synchronization for SharePoint Hybrid (1 topic)
- This module introduces students to the concepts of directory synchronization and introduces Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and the Azure AD Connect tool. It explains to students how to configure and use Azure AD Connect to successfully synchronize their directories to Azure AD in the cloud and the various options available when using the tool.
Module 6: Configuring SharePoint Hybrid Site Features (1 topic)
- This module discusses all the different site-related hybrid features that are possible in a SharePoint hybrid environment, and explains how to configure and enable them in your environment. Hybrid site features discussed in this module include, hybrid OneDrive for Business, hybrid site following, hybrid profiles, hybrid Delve, and the extensible hybrid app launcher.
Module 7: Configuring SharePoint Hybrid Search (1 topic)
- This module introduces the concepts and benefits of hybrid search, and discusses the different types of hybrid search scenarios available. Thereafter, this module focusses on true hybrid search using the Cloud Search Service Application as opposed to federated hybrid search, and explains how to successfully enable and configure true hybrid search for your SharePoint hybrid environment.
Module 8: Business Connectivity Services in a SharePoint Hybrid Environment (1 topic)
- This module discusses the benefits of hybrid Business Connectivity Services (BCS) in a SharePoint hybrid environment and provides students with information on how to prepare for, configure and use hybrid BCS.
Module 9: Advanced Sharing with SharePoint Hybrid (4 topics)
- This module explains how to plan for, configure, and use external sharing in a SharePoint hybrid environment to enable your organization to extend its collaboration capabilities to external users and partner organizations.
- Sharepoint Hybrid Preview Features, Sharepoint Hybrid Auditing, Hybrid Taxonomy, Hybrid Self Service Site Creation.
- Show less
- Basic understanding of 'cloud' concepts
- Experience or familiarity with Office 365 administration
- Experience with SharePoint Server administration
- Experience with PowerShell