Reporting in Microsoft Dynamics CRM & Dynamics 365
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This two-day CRM Reporting course informs delegates how to deliver both simple and more complex reports to their the CRM system. Delegates will first learn how to use the basic report wizard to create reports, import and export reports. Delegates will then create reports using the more complex SQL Server Data Tools environment. Reports will be written using both T-SQL and FetchXML. This course is designed for both CRM On-premise users and CRM Online users.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19' and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution (1024) being the most critical.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Reporting (5 topics)
- Useful background knowledge
- The different reporting development environments
- Overview of the different reporting tools
Reporting within Dynamics 365 (8 topics)
- The report development process
- The differences between SQL based and FetchXML based reports
- What's included within Dynamics 365 reporting
- Creating reports using the Dynamics 365 Report Wizard
- Using Excel Templates
- Importing & Exporting .RDL Files
Generating FetchXML (5 topics)
- Creating Basic FetchXML Queries through the Advanced Find
- Lab A - Generating Simple FetchXMl
- More Advanced queries using FetchXML
- Lab B - Generating more advanced FetchXML
Using SQL Server Data Tools Wizard for Reports (4 topics)
- Using the SSDT Report Wizard
- Demonstration: Creating a Custom Report Using the Report Wizard
- Lab A - Creating a Report using the Report Wizard
Using SQL Server Data Tools for Reports (11 topics)
- How to create a Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Report
- Creating a Report Server Project
- Add a Report to the Project
- Creating Data Sources
- How to Define a Data Set
- The Different Data Regions
- Previewing a Report
- Format a Report
- Adding Subtotals
- Lab A - Creating a Report Project Report
Report Visualisations (3 topics)
- The Different types of Visualisations within the Report
- Lab A - Creating an Estimated Value vs Budget Amount Chart
Advanced Reporting Features (8 topics)
- Grouping Data within Reports
- Creating Report Parameters
- Lab A - Adding Parameters and Groupings to the Report
- Automatic Pre-filtering within Dynamics 365 Reporting
- Creating Subreport
- Other Controls
- Lab B - Creating a Subreport
Formatting Reports (5 topics)
- Adding Headers & Footers
- Using Expressions
- Using Collections
- Lab A - Formatting a Report
- Delegates must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Some TSQL knowledge is advantageous if writing reports for CRM on-premise
- Some previous knowledge of Visual Studio is advantageous
Please note: Before attending this class delegates must have a Microsoft account (signing up one is free). The instructions on how to set up a Microsoft account can be found here.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.