Certified Information Privacy Manager
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Every day, we access, share and manage data across companies, continents and the globe. Knowing how to implement a privacy program is an invaluable skill that will help you protect your organisation’s data—and take your career to the next level.
Our Principles of Privacy Program Management training is the premier course on implementing a privacy program framework, managing the privacy program operational lifecycle and structuring a privacy team. You will walk away with the skills to manage organisational privacy through process and technology—regardless of jurisdiction or industry.
Principles of Privacy Management is the how-to training on implementing a privacy program framework, managing the privacy program operational lifecycle and structuring a knowledgeable, high-performing privacy team. Those taking this course will learn the skills to manage privacy in an organisation through process and technology—regardless of jurisdiction or industry.
The Principles of Privacy Program Management training is based on the body of knowledge for the IAPP’s ANSI-accredited Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) certification program.
This course is designed for anyone whose work is related to the processing of personal data, particularly those in the public sector and from EU institutions, agencies and bodies, including:
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Lawyers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Officers
- Record Managers
- Human Resources Officers
- Data Protection Professionals
- Anyone who uses, processes and maintains personal data
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS (First year of IAPP membership included)
• Daily and weekly e-publications summarizing top privacy news
• Discounted rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events
• The Privacy Advisor, the IAPP’s monthly members-only newsletter
• Professional networking opportunities, including free KnowledgeNet chapter meetings to keep you connected in your local community
• Privacy salary surveys that benchmark compensation trends, roles and functions among privacy departments
• Privacy job postings
• Access to members-only tools, research, articles and more in the IAPP’s online Resource Center
• The IAPP Member Directory, an online tool that allows you to search for and network with other IAPP members
• Free web conferences
• Access to the Privacy Tracker blog
• Cooperative programs with other national and international organizations
• Advocacy for the privacy profession
Further details on membership on the IAPP website : https://iapp.org/join/
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1 Introduction to Privacy Program Management (1 topic)
- Identifies privacy program management responsibilities, and describes the role of accountability in privacy program management.
Module 2: Privacy Governance (1 topic)
- Examines considerations for developing and implementing a privacy program, including the position of the privacy function within the organization, role of the DPO, program scope and charter, privacy strategy, support and ongoing involvement of key functions and privacy frameworks.
Module 3: Applicable Laws and Regulations (1 topic)
- Discusses the regulatory environment, common elements across jurisdictions and strategies for aligning compliance with organizational strategy.
Module 4: Data Assessments (1 topic)
- Relates practical processes for creating and using data inventories/maps, gap analyses, privacy assessments, privacy impact assessments/data protection impact assessments and vendor assessments.
Module 5: Policies (1 topic)
- Describes common types of privacy-related policies, outlines components and offers strategies for implementation.
Module 6: Data Subject Rights (1 topic)
- Discusses operational considerations for communicating and ensuring data subject rights, including privacy notice, choice and consent, access and rectification, data portability, and erasure and the right to be forgotten.
Module 7: Training and Awareness (1 topic)
- Outlines strategies for developing and implementing privacy training and awareness programs.
Module 8: Protecting Personal Information (1 topic)
- Examines a holistic approach to protecting personal information through privacy by design.
Module 9: Data Breach Incident Plans (1 topic)
- Provides guidance on planning for and responding to a data security incident or breach.
Module 10: Measuring, Monitoring and Auditing Program Performance (1 topic)
- Relates common practices for monitoring, measuring, analyzing and auditing privacy program performance.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)