Implementing an Azure Data Solution
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
In this course, the students will implement various data platform technologies into solutions that are in line with business and technical requirements including on-premises, cloud, and hybrid data scenarios incorporating both relational and No-SQL data. They will also learn how to process data using a range of technologies and languages for both streaming and batch data.
The students will also explore how to implement data security including authentication, authorization, data policies and standards. They will also define and implement data solution monitoring for both the data storage and data processing activities. Finally, they will manage and troubleshoot Azure data solutions which includes the optimization and disaster recovery of big data, batch processing and streaming data solutions.
The primary audience for this course is data professionals, data architects, and business intelligence professionals who want to learn about the data platform technologies that exist on Microsoft Azure.
The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from the data platform technologies that exist on Microsoft Azure.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Azure for the Data Engineer (5 topics)
- Explain the evolving world of data
- Survey the services in the Azure Data Platform
- Identify the tasks that are performed by a Data Engineer
- Describe the use cases for the cloud in a Case Study
- Lab: Azure for the Data Engineer
Working with Data Storage (5 topics)
- Choose a data storage approach in Azure
- Create an Azure Storage Account
- Explain Azure Data Lake storage
- Upload data into Azure Data Lake
- Lab: Working with Data Storage
Enabling Team Based Data Science with Azure Databricks (5 topics)
- Explain Azure Databricks and Machine Learning Platforms
- Describe the Team Data Science Process
- Provision Azure Databricks and workspaces
- Perform data preparation tasks
- Lab: Enabling Team Based Data Science with Azure Databricks
Building Globally Distributed Databases with Cosmos DB (5 topics)
- Create an Azure Cosmos DB database built to scale
- Insert and query data in your Azure Cosmos DB database
- Provision a .NET Core app for Cosmos DB in Visual Studio Code
- Distribute your data globally with Azure Cosmos DB
- Lab: Building Globally Distributed Databases with Cosmos DB
Working with Relational Data Stores in the Cloud (4 topics)
- SQL Database and SQL Data Warehouse
- Provision an Azure SQL database to store data
- Provision and load data into Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Lab: Working with Relational Data Stores in the Cloud
Performing Real-Time Analytics with Stream Analytics (5 topics)
- Explain data streams and event processing
- Querying streaming data using Stream Analytics
- How to process data with Azure Blob and Stream Analytics
- How to process data with Event Hubs and Stream Analytics
- Lab: Performing Real-Time Analytics with Stream Analytics
Orchestrating Data Movement with Azure Data Factory (5 topics)
- Explain how Azure Data Factory works
- Create Linked Services and datasets
- Create pipelines and activities
- Azure Data Factory pipeline execution and triggers
- Lab: Orchestrating Data Movement with Azure Data Factory
Securing Azure Data Platforms (5 topics)
- Configuring Network Security
- Configuring Authentication
- Configuring Authorization
- Auditing Security
- Lab: Securing Azure Data Platforms
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Data Storage and Processing (5 topics)
- Data Engineering troubleshooting approach
- Azure Monitoring Capabilities
- Troubleshoot common data issues
- Troubleshoot common data processing issues
- Lab: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Data Storage and Processing
Integrating and Optimizing Data Platforms (5 topics)
- Integrating data platforms
- Optimizing data stores
- Optimize streaming data
- Manage disaster recovery
- Lab: Integrating and Optimizing Data Platforms
In addition to their professional experience, students who take this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the following courses:
- MAZ900 'Azure fundamentals'
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M10979: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
This 2-day course covers basic cloud computing concepts as well as specific Microsoft Azure features.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.