BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis (4 day)
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
What do Business Analysts do? What skills and competencies do they require to do their role? This 4-day Foundation level course provides delegates with an overview of the role of the Business Analyst who acts as the link between business needs, stakeholders and IT within change initiatives.
The 4-day course provides an introduction to Business Analysis using examples and exercises based on a simple case study. You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge through group exercises and consider the tools and techniques available to Business Analysts to assist them in their role.
At the end of the course you may sit a multiple-choice examination to obtain the BCS Business Analysis Foundation Certificate. This qualification provides a foundation to the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis and covers the knowledge-based element of the qualification.
This course is ideal for those wishing to explore the range of Business Analysis tools and techniques, as well as receive an industry recognised certification.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the skills and competencies required of the business analyst
- Describe how a business strategy is developed, analysed and implemented
- Adopt a business analysis process model approach to change initiatives
- Consider the perspectives of key individuals who will be affected or are interested in the change project and document their views
- Use techniques for the analysis and modelling of business systems
- Use techniques to elicit, analyse, model, validate, document and manage requirements
- Describe the contents of a business case which would be used to justify a project
If you are taking the BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable please contact your Account Manager.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day One (4 topics)
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- The role of the Business Analyst - Skills and Competencies Introducing Strategy Analysis
- Introducing the Business Analysis Process Model
- Investigation Techniques
Day Two (3 topics)
- Investigation Techniques (cont.)
- Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- Modelling Business Processes
Day Three (4 topics)
- Defining the Solution
- Making a Business and Financial Case
- Establishing the Requirements
- Documenting and Managing Requirements
Day Four (3 topics)
- Modelling Requirements
- Delivering the Requirements
- Delivering the Business Solution Exam
Examinations (1 topic)
- BCS Business Analysis Foundation Exam (One Hour Multiple Choice)
No experience required so this course is perfect for anyone new to Business Analysis or anyone wishing to understand the role better (we also offer a faster-paced 3-day version of the same course - this is more suitable for those already having completed courses in the Diploma stream and/or those with some experience)
Pre-course reading completed
Ability to commit to some homework (reading and revision) per night during the course (approx. 1 hour per evening)
Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course. If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact your Account Manager.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.