Combined Foundation and practitioner in Agile Testing
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This 5-day combined course provides comprehensive first-class training for anyone involved in software testing in to gain a solid understanding of the basic concepts together what a candidate ‘can do’ in terms of practical application of knowledge, skills and behaviours of software testing in Agile environments.
The first two days covers the syllabus of the ISTQB Agile Tester – Foundation Level Extension (QAATF) course designed for professionals who are working within Agile environments. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing Agile methods in the near future, or are working within companies that plan to do so, The course provides an advantage for those who would like to know the required Agile activities, roles, methods, and methodologies specific to their role. This course will provide the theoretical Agile knowledge needed for the Practitioner part.
The last three days covers, Practitioner in Agile Quality (QAPAQ) course, the newest member of the (Alliance for Qualification (A4Q) suite of Agile courses, that is a practical focus accelerated learning Agile certification. It is designed to allow people with current Agile knowledge to take their skills to a practitioner level in an intensive learning environment. The course is designed for the whole team, as everyone has an equal responsibility for product quality. It covers the key competencies required to function effectively and efficiently whilst delivering quality. The course is focused on practical application, experiential and collaborative learning through discussion and exercises.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the principles behind the Agile approach to software development
- Differentiate between the testing role in Agile projects and the role of testers in non-Agile projects
- Positively contribute as an Agile team member focused on testing
- Appreciate the challenges and difficulties associated with the non-testing activities performed in an Agile team
- Demonstrate a range of soft skills required by Agile team members
The course is aimed at the following groups of professionals:
- Anyone currently involved in testing or about to move into a testing role
- Professionals who have achieved in-depth testing experience in traditional methods and would like to gain more formal training on Agile and attain the PAQ certificate
- Junior professional testers who are just starting in the testing profession, and would like to know more about the tester’s role in Agile environment.
- Professionals who are relatively new to testing and are required to implement test approaches, methods and techniques in their day to day job.
- Professionals who are experienced in their role (including unit testing) and need more understanding and knowledge about how to perform and manage testing on all levels in Agile projects.
- This course is designed for anyone wanting to improve their Agile skills and ensure accelerated quality delivery of working software. This includes developers, BA’s, Project Managers, Team Leaders, Testers, Scrum Masters and all other members of an Agile delivery team.
Candidates are assessed at the end of the course with a practical assessment taken under controlled exam conditions. The Assessment measures candidates against the PAQ Competency Framework. This may be taken either directly at the end of the course, or separately scheduled.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Understand the fundamentals of Agile Software Development (1 topic)
- How the various agile approaches differ and understanding the concepts of the Agile Manifesto; How the tester needs to adapt in the agile process for maximum effectiveness; Apply the various aspects relating to agile, such as: Writing and reviewing User Stories, Working in a continuous integrated environment and Performing agile retrospectives to improve the process
Apply the fundamental Agile testing principles, practices and processes (1 topic)
- How testing differs when working in an agile lifecycle compared to a more traditional lifecycle; How to work in a highly collaborative and integrated environment; How independent testing can be used within an agile project; How to report progress and the quality of the product to business stakeholders; Understand the role and skills of a tester within an agile team.
Know the key testing methods, techniques and tools to use within an Agile project (1 topic)
- Understand Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Driven Development (ADD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and the concepts of Test Pyramid; perform the role of a tester within a Scrum team; execute exploratory testing within an agile project; recognise the various tools available to the tester for the various agile activities.
Agile Manifesto and Principles (1 topic)
- Introduction, Engineering Principles, Practical Exercises, Fast Delivery, Sprint Practice Exercises
Delivery (1 topic)
- Retrospectives, Planning, Continuous Testing, Build Quality In, Mock Practical Exam
Delegates should already have a basic working knowledge of IT and an understanding of the testing role in software development.
Successful completion of the BCS ISTQB Foundation Certification in Software Testing is a prerequisite to taking this course.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
BCS Software Testing Foundation
The ISEB ITSQB Software Testing Foundation training course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in software testing
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.