Microsoft SharePoint On-Premises Master Class (2013 / 2016)
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is aimed at users of SharePoint Server 2013 and 2016. If you are using SharePoint Online (SharePoint in Office 365) please refer to the course QASPOMC - SharePoint Online Master Class.
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills to be a Site Owner or Site Collection Administrator. You will learn how to plan, design and implement SharePoint sites for multiple purposes whilst adding your 'real-world' requirements into the course examples.
This course provides you with a fast-track route into the core elements of SharePoint. The fundamental skills learnt can be used as prerequisites, potentially leading to an 'IT professional role', such as SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Developer and SharePoint Business Professional.
The course emphasises instructor-led delivery with hands-on experience. On the afternoon of day 5 you will be required to build your own site suitable to your needs. You will learn how to save this solution and apply it back to your own SharePoint infrastructure.
- Understand, plan and deploy a SharePoint Site solution for business needs.
- Manage your team with groups and permissions.
- Create Custom Lists and Libraries with special content types for learning and support.
- Customise Library and List settings to reflect course project requirements.
- Edit web pages to keep your team informed of the project progress.
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to learn SharePoint from the ground up, ready to take into a supporting role where you will lead or 'champion' a group of users and their content. It is also the ideal route if you want to fast track through SharePoint to move on to become an IT Professional.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Understanding SharePoint (4 topics)
- SharePoint Fundamentals
- SharePoint Structure
- SharePoint Environment
- Working with Sites
Module 2: Working with Lists (5 topics)
- Understanding Lists
- Working with Lists
- Custom Lists
- Create Lists from Existing Data
- Working with Items
Module 3: Working with Libraries (4 topics)
- Lists vs. Libraries
- Working with Libraries
- Working with Documents
- Viewing and Editing Documents
Module 4: Managing Content (12 topics)
- Using Alerts
- RSS Feeds
- Working with Columns
- Lookup Columns
- Calculated Columns
- Managed Metadata Columns
- Metadata Integrity
- Rating Content
- Querying Items
- Check Out / Check In
- Document Versioning
- Managing Copies
Module 5: Social Networking (3 topics)
- Understanding My Site
- My Site Features
Module 6: Site Architecture Model (10 topics)
- Defining Site Purpose
- Effective Site Structure
- Site Types
- Roles within your Organisation
- Site and Object URLs
- Name vs. Title
- Publishing Site Templates
- Initial Site Settings
- Site Solutions
- Legacy Admin Tools
Module 7: Users, Groups and Permissions (10 topics)
- Securable Elements
- Defining your Site Community
- Users and Groups
- Default SharePoint Groups
- Custom Groups
- Managing Users in a Group
- Using a Group within a List Item
- Permission Inheritance
- Securable Objects
Module 8: Managing Content (9 topics)
- Managing Site Columns
- Applying Site Columns
- Managed Metadata Service
- Creating a Managed Metadata Column
- Managing Site Content Types
- Applying Site Content Types
- Folders and Document Sets
- Per Location View Settings
Module 9: Workflows (4 topics)
- Understanding Workflows
- Add a Reusable Workflow, such as Approval or Three-State
- Applying Workflows
- Workflow Maintenance
Module 10: Navigation Structure (6 topics)
- Team Site Navigation
- Tree View
- Top-Link Bar
- Quick Launch Pane
- Metadata Navigation
- Publishing Site Navigation
Module 11: Web Page Editing (9 topics)
- Site Web Pages
- Edit a Web Page
- The Site Home Page
- Rich Text Editor Ribbon
- Web Parts
- View and Form Pages
- Creating Views and Linking to Web Parts
Module 12: User Support Tools (5 topics)
- Support Centre
- Issue Tracking
- Discussion Boards
Module 13: Content Publishing (7 topics)
- Audience Targeting
- Audience for a List or Library
- Target an Audience to List Content
- Web Part Connections
- Publishing Feeds
- Pulling RSS Feeds from Other Sites
- Using Calendar Groups
Module 14: Office Document Control (6 topics)
- Office 2016 Backstage
- Manage SharePoint Lists from Office
- The Document Panel
- Office Web Apps
- Outlook Web Apps
- Live Co-Authoring
Module 15: Connecting to Content (7 topics)
- Finding Information
- Synchronising Excel Data with SharePoint
- Using Alerts
- RSS Feeds
- Working Offline
- Connecting to Outlook
- Connecting to SharePoint Workspace
download (4 topics)
- Designing a SharePoint Site Solution
- Develop Content Management
- Plan and Deploy User Roles
- This workshop will require you to provide evidence of design and deployment of a SharePoint site solution which will be analysed and discussed at the end of the day as a group.
- Ideal for user with no prior SharePoint experience or knowledge.
- A good understanding of Windows.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 10, 11 or equivalent browser.
- Experience with relational databases, web design and/or programming (such as VBA) are useful but not essential.
- A good knowledge of Office 2013/2016 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|