M20694: Virtualizing Enterprise Desktops and Apps
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This five-day, hands-on training course is designed to teach you the breadth of Microsoft virtual desktop technology, and the course will compare and contrast the various technologies with use cases and best practices. This course builds your skills in Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Service Pack 2 (SP2), Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V), and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) as part of Windows Server 2012 R2. Throughout this course, you will learn how to manage, monitor, support, and troubleshoot various Windows-based desktop virtualization solutions.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe desktop and application virtualization.
- Plan and implement user state virtualization.
- Plan and implement App-V.
- Plan and deploy App-V clients.
- Manage and administer application virtualization.
- Understand application sequencing.
- Configure client Hyper-V.
- Plan and deploy session-based desktops.
- Publish and configure RemoteApp programs.
- Plan pooled personal desktops.
- Plan and implement pooled and personal desktops.
- Implement Remote Access.
- Understand health monitoring of VDI infrastructure.
This course is intended for the IT administrators, and implementers, of large and midsized organizations who want to understand and get hands on experience with the latest Microsoft desktop and application virtualization technologies and how to plan, implement, and manage virtual infrastructure solutions based on these technologies.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview of Desktop and Application Virtualization (4 topics)
- Overview of Virtualization Technologies
- Usage Scenarios for Virtualization
- Considerations for Implementing Virtualization
- Lab: Overview of Desktop and Application Virtualization
Planning and Implementing User State Virtualization (4 topics)
- Understanding and Planning for User State Virtualization
- Configuring Roaming User Profiles and Folder Redirection
- Configuring UE-V
- Lab: Planning and Implementing User State Virtualization
Planning and Implementing App-V (5 topics)
- Overview of Application Virtualization
- App-V Architecture
- Planning App-V Infrastructure
- Deploying App-V Infrastructure
- Lab: App-V Introduction and Architecture
Managing and Administering Application Virtualization (4 topics)
- Managing and Administering Application Virtualization
- Modifying Published Application and Configuration Upgrades
- App-V Reporting
- Lab: Managing and Administering Application Virtualization
Planning and Deploying App-V Clients (4 topics)
- Overview of App-V Client
- Installing and Configuring the App-V Client
- Managing App-V Client Properties
- Lab: Planning and Deploying App-V Clients
Application Sequencing (5 topics)
- Overview of Application Sequencing
- Planning for Application Sequencing
- Sequencing an Application
- Advanced Application Sequencing
- Lab: Application Sequencing
Configuring Client Hyper-V (5 topics)
- Overview of Client Hyper-V
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Hard Disks
- Managing Checkpoints
- Lab: Configuring Client Hyper-V
Planning and Deploying Session-Based Desktops (5 topics)
- Overview of Remote Desktop Services
- Planning Infrastructure for Session-Based Desktops
- Deploying Session-Based Desktops
- RDS High Availability
- Lab: Planning and Deploying Session-Based Desktops
Configuring and Managing RemoteApp Programs (3 topics)
- Publishing and Configuring RemoteApp Programs
- Working With RemoteApp Programs
- Lab: Configuring and Managing RemoteApp Programs
Planning Personal and Pooled Desktops (3 topics)
- Overview of Personal and Pooled Desktops
- Planning and Optimizing Desktop Templates
- Lab: Planning Pooled and Personal Desktops
Planning and Implementing Infrastructure for Pooled and Personal Desktops (5 topics)
- Planning Storage for Personal and Pooled Desktops
- Capacity Planning for Pooled and Personal Desktops
- Implementing Pooled and Personal Desktops
- Implementing RemoteApp for Hyper-V
- Lab: Planning and Implementing Infrastructure for Pooled and Personal
Implementing Remote Access for VDI (3 topics)
- Extending VDI Outside the Organization
- Controlling RD Gateway Access
- Lab: Implementing Remote Access for VDI
Performance and Health Monitoring of VDI Infrastructure (3 topics)
- Overview of Monitoring Desktop and Application Virtualization
- Monitoring Desktop Virtualization Infrastructure
- Lab: Performance and Health Monitoring of VDI Infrastructure
Before attending this course, students must have a system administrator-level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Desired: Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.