Moving to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop Service on Citrix Cloud
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Designed for students with previous experience with XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises. This course introduces Citrix Cloud including architecture, communications, management, installation and configuration of the Citrix Cloud Connector. Learn about the services available in Citrix Cloud and get hands on with the XenApp and XenDesktop Service. Students will learn to deliver resources using the XenApp and XenDesktop Service and Cloud Connectors and to migrate existing on-premises infrastructure into a Citrix Cloud service through hands-on-labs.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the architecture and communications of the Citrix Cloud
- Understand the differences between XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Describe the services and resources available through Citrix Cloud
- Install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Deliver app and desktop resources to on-premises resource locations
- Understand considerations for StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway locations with Citrix Cloud
- Migrate existing on-premises XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructure to the Citrix Cloud
- Understand considerations for migrating resources to a public cloud
Students interested in migrating to the Citrix Cloud and XenApp and XenDesktop Service including:
Please note: This course will initially be released as 'Early Access' and as such e-courseware may be subject to typographical errors and labs may be subject to change on general release. Delegates who attend the Early Access events will receive updated courseware on the event of the general release of the course. Please call for further information or to register interest.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Citrix Cloud (4 topics)
- What is Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Services
- Citrix Cloud Operation and Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Citrix Cloud Connectors (2 topics)
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Cloud Connectors
Introduction to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service (4 topics)
- XenApp and XenDesktop Deployment Models
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service with On-Premises Resources
- Configuring the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Delivering Apps and Desktop to End-Users Using On-Premises Resources
Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Service (4 topics)
- Citrix Studio and Director
- XenApp and XenDesktop Remote PowerShell SDK
- Managing Multiple Resource Locations
- Using PVS with the XenApp and XenDesktop Services
Providing Access with StoreFront and NetScaler in Citrix Cloud (3 topics)
- Consideration for StoreFront Locations
- Consideration for NetScaler Gateway Locations
- Configuring StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway Access in Citrix Cloud
Public Cloud Considerations (3 topics)
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
On-Premises Migration to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service (3 topics)
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Migrating Policies and Settings
- Migrating Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the one of the following courses:
- CXD-210 Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Administration
It is also recommended to gain a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- Familiarity with basic cloud services concepts
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premise and In Citrix Cloud
This 5-day course provides the skills required to effectively install, configure and manage Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.Scheduled Virtual Onsite