Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Help Desk Support
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Learn to support end-users accessing virtual apps and desktops as part of a Citrix solution. In this course, you will learn to use Citrix Director to interact with user sessions and to capture information for solving issues or escalating to the administration team. Gain foundational knowledge about the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops technology and an understanding of how components interact. You will learn about each component focusing on common user related issues that may arise, and how to apply a methodical approach to solve them using real world scenarios. By the end of the course, you will be able to solve or escalate end-user issues appropriately.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- How to support end-users connecting to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops through Citrix Receiver
- How to use Citrix Director to gather information and interact with user sessions
- A methodology to approach user related issues to minimize time to resolution
- An understanding of the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops solution and the role of the components
Built for those supporting a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops solution in a help desk or service desk capacity. An ideal candidate for this course interacts with end users to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Fundamental Architecture for the Help Desk Role (4 topics)
- Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- The Help Desk Role for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Help Desk Support Methodology
- Citrix Help Desk Priorities
Citrix Receiver (3 topics)
- Receiver Types
- Receiver Deployment Methods
- Solving User Issues with Citrix Receiver
Support (2 topics)
- Citrix Help Desk Support Methodology
- Solving Additional User Issues and Scenarios
Printing with User Sessions (2 topics)
- Printer Types and Management
- Solving Common Printer Related Issues
Citrix Director (3 topics)
- Introduction to Citrix Director
- Navigating the Director Console
- Performing Typical Help Desk Actions
End User Access (5 topics)
- Access Methods
- Subscriptions, Favorites, and Experience
- Solving User Access Issues
- Real World Troubleshooting Scenarios
User Sessions (2 topics)
- Defining User Sessions
- Solving Session Related Issues
- This course requires little to no previous experience with the 7 version of the platform; however, Citrix recommends completing the free Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Introduction bundle at training.citrix.com..
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.