Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service on Microsoft Azure
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Learn to deploy and manage your XenApp and XenDesktop apps and desktops in Microsoft Azure. Gain the skills to plan your machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft’s public cloud and get hands-on practice deploying those machines using Machine Creation Services. You will also learn about additional Azure considerations including maintenance and power management which are critical in a cloud environment. For remote access, you will learn to configure Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway on the Azure platform. This course focuses on Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud resource location, however concepts are relevant to both Citrix Cloud and fully managed XenApp and XenDesktop sites.
If you are planning to move to Citrix Cloud, it is recommended that you enroll in CXD-252 Moving to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Citrix Cloud and Microsoft Azure which includes both Citrix Cloud architecture and administration in addition to the content covered in this course in a 5-day format.
Citrix Versions Covered:
This course is currently based on XenApp and XenDesktop 7.13 components and Citrix Cloud.
What you’ll learn:
- Prepare the Azure environment for secure integration with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines in Microsoft Azure using Machine Creation Services
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and XenApp/XenDesktop with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Design Machine Catalogs and virtual machines on Microsoft Azure Resource Manager
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway on Microsoft Azure
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in an on-premises environment. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects designing or deploying XenApp and XenDesktop workloads on Microsoft Azure.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
XenApp and XenDesktop on Azure Overview (5 topics)
- Defining IAAS
- XenApp and XenDesktop Azure Deployment Models
- Azure Fundamentals Review
- Azure Management
- Azure Locations
XenApp and XenDesktop Integration with Azure Active Directory (4 topics)
- Active Directory Basics
- Active Directory Usage
- Connecting On-premises Active Directory to Azure
- Azure Role Based Access Control
Connecting to Microsoft Azure (3 topics)
- Azure Connectivity
- Cloud Connectors in Azure
- Creating XenApp and XenDesktop Host Connections to Azure
Deploying Apps and Desktops using Machine Creation Services (3 topics)
- Master Image Preparation
- Machine Creation Services in Azure
- Considerations for Deploying onto Azure
Providing Access to End Users (3 topics)
- StoreFront Locations
- NetScaler Locations
- Multiple XenApp and XenDesktop Zones in Azure Regions
Maintaining Infrastructure and VDAs in Microsoft Azure (3 topics)
- Maintaining Infrastructure
- Maintaining Resources
- Power Management
Plan for a Successful POC (1 topic)
- Planning your next steps
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
- Experience deploying and managing XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in on-premises environment.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform including:
- Virtual machine management
- Azure Resource Manager portals
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.