Certified ISO27001 Practitioner
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This Certified ISO27001 Practitioners training course will provide delegates with the requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001, with an awareness of the issues and challenges involved in implementing an information security management system.
This practical course is designed to deliver the delegate with a solid understanding of information security management (ISM) systems as set out in ISO/IEC 27001:2017.
The course will impart the skills to plan, audit and implement an ISO 27001:2017 compliant information security management system (ISMS) audit.
On day 5, delegates will sit an independent APMG exam, based upon the materials covered in this ISO27001 Practitioner’s course. Successful exam delegates will be provided with an electronic APMG certificate.
Candidates will receive individual emails to access their AMPG GCT candidate portal, typically available two weeks post exam. If you experience any issues, please contact the APMG GCT technical help desk on 01494 4520450.
- Detail the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2017
- How to identify information assets
- How to identify the threats, vulnerabilities and risks associated with Assets
- How to Plan the ISMS implementation program: Timescales and resources, Risk assessment and management, Producing a Statement of Applicability and Documentation, monitoring and auditing
- Prepare for ISO27001 certification (Phase 1 & 2)
- Understand the sources of information and further development
- Understanding of best-practice audit methodology
- Prepare, lead and report on the findings of an information security audit.
- Detailed information about auditing the ISMS against ISO 27001
- Interview techniques, following audit trails and reviewing documented evidence
- Audit risk assessments, business continuity and effective continual improvement
- How to identify nonconformities, and ensure appropriate corrective action is undertaken
- Challenges of maintaining ISO27001 certification, including surveillance audits
- Governance and the relationship between auditing and risk management
Security and IT professionals, those responsible for risk, audit and compliance or project managers responsible for ISO27001 compliance programmes.
There is no change to the content of the ISO27001 standard despite a new 2017 version being published recently. It is basically just a change to incorporate renumbering of BS ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to include the EN status as BS EN ISO/IEC 27001:2017. This means the standard has now been ratified by at least one of the European Standardisation Organisations.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day 1: ISO27001 ISMS (11 topics)
- Why do you need certification to ISO 27001?
- The relationship between ISO27001, and ISO27002
- What the Information Security Management System (ISMS) is and what it is trying to achieve; Confidentiality, integrity, availability, plus audit
- Overview of the stages of the ISMS
- Defining an Information Security Policy
- Defining the scope of the ISMS
- What are information assets, and identifying them?
- Conducting risk assessments; Identifying asset values, threats and vulnerabilities, Practical exercise - under taking a risk assessment and Managing risk
- Risk measurement
- Results and conclusions resulting from an assessment
- Risk reduction and acceptance techniques
Day 2: ISO27001 Implementation (7 topics)
- Determining control objectives
- Selecting control objectives and controls
- Information Security Overview
- ISO 27001/ ISO27002 control objectives and controls
- The application of countermeasures, Creating a workable countermeasure
- Preparing a Statement of Applicability
- Auditing the ISMS, What does auditing achieve? How should auditing be conducted? and Different types of audit
Day 3: Lead Auditing (3 topics)
- Preparing for formal certification audits
- In depth, the phase 1 and 2 ISO 27001 audits
- Maintaining Certification
Day 4: Governance, Generic Management, and Systems Audit Process (10 topics)
- The Role of Governance in the Information Security Arena
- Information Security Management and Leadership Roles
- Continual Improvement
- Principles of Auditing
- Managing an Audit Programme
- Performing an Audit
- Reporting and Summarising Audit Findings
- Conducting Audit Follow-up
- The Relationship between Audits, and Risk Management
- The Value of Awareness Training
Day 5: The ISO Generic Management System (10 topics)
- ISO MS Terms and definitions
- ISO MS Context and Scope
- ISO MS Leadership and Planning
- ISO MS Operation
- ISO MS Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Evaluation
- ISO MS Internal Audit
- ISO MS Management Review
- ISO MS Improvement
- Re-cap, plus pre exam Q&A
- GCHQ certified course exam provided by APMG
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Every delegate will be sent their own copy of the following standards for pre-course reading.
- BS EN ISO/IEC 27001:2017
- BS EN ISO/IEC 27002:2017
Familiarisation with the structure of these standards will support delegates with course exercises and the end of course exam.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.