Certified ISO27001 Practitioner
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This Certified ISO27001 Practitioners training course will provide delegates with the requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001, with an awareness of the issues and challenges involved in implementing an information security management system.
This practical course is designed to deliver the delegate with a solid understanding of information security management (ISM) systems as set out in ISO/IEC 27001:2017.
The course will impart the skills to plan, audit and implement an ISO 27001:2017 compliant information security management system (ISMS) audit.
Delegates will receive a voucher to sit an independent APMG certification exam, based upon the materials covered in this ISO27001 Practitioner’s course. Successful exam delegates will be provided with an electronic APMG certificate and digital badge.
Detail the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2017
How to identify information assets
How to identify the threats, vulnerabilities and risks associated with Assets
How to Plan the ISMS implementation program: Timescales and resources, Risk assessment and management, Producing a Statement of Applicability and Documentation, monitoring and auditing
Prepare for ISO27001 certification (Phase 1 & 2)
Understand the sources of information and further development
Understanding of best-practice audit methodology
Prepare, lead and report on the findings of an information security audit.
Detailed information about auditing the ISMS against ISO 27001
Interview techniques, following audit trails and reviewing documented evidence
Audit risk assessments, business continuity and effective continual improvement
How to identify nonconformities, and ensure appropriate corrective action is undertaken
Challenges of maintaining ISO27001 certification, including surveillance audits
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
CPD points can be claimed for NCSC accredited courses at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for NCSC accredited courses (up to a maximum of 15 points).
The exam is a Proctor-U APMG exam for the Certified ISO27001 Practitioner, which will be taken by delegates in their own time after the course.
Delegates will receive individual emails to access their AMPG candidate portal, typically available two weeks post exam.
If you experience any issues, please contact the APMG technical help desk on 01494 4520450.
Exam Format – Online via APMG Proctor Platform (delegates receive a voucher post course)
4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question
40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
2 hour duration
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day 1: (12 topics)
- Module 1: Why do you need certification to ISO 27001?
- Module 2: An ISMS
- Module 3: Definitions
- Module 4: ISO27001
- Module 5: Implementing the ISMS
- Module 6: Defining an Information Security Policy
- Module 7: Defining the scope of the ISMS
- Exercise 1 - ISMS Scope
- Module 8: What are information assets, and identifying them?
- Exercise 2 - Assets
- Module 9: Conducting risk assessments
- Exercise 3 - Risk assessment
Day 2: (10 topics)
- Module 10: Risk measurement
- Module 11: Determining control objectives
- Exercise 4 - Risk treatment/controls
- Module 12: Information security overview
- Module 13: Preparing a Statement of Applicability
- Exercise 5 - SOA
- Module 14: The application of countermeasures and creating a workable countermeasure
- Module 15: The role of governance
- Module 16: InfoSec and management roles
- Exercise 6 - InfoSec and Management Roles
Day 3: (8 topics)
- Module 17: Auditing the ISMS:
- Module 18: Preparing for formal certification audits
- Exercise 7 - Internal audit
- Module 19: The stages 1 and 2 of ISO 27001 certification audits
- Module 20: Maintaining Certification
- Module 21: Auditors
- Module 22: Role of standards in audits
- Module 23: Audit terms and definitions & Refresh Q&A
Day 4: (11 topics)
- Module 24: Principles of auditing
- Module 25: Managing an audit programme
- Exercise 8 - Internal audit preparation
- Module 26: Performing an audit
- Module 27: Reporting and summarising audit findings
- Exercise 9 - Internal Audit
- Module 28: Conducting audit follow-up
- Module 29: The relationship between audits and risk management
- Module 30: Continual improvement
- Module 31: The value of awareness training
- End of Course: Knowledge Assessment
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Every delegate will be sent their own copy of the following standards for pre-course reading.
- BS EN ISO/IEC 27001:2017
- BS EN ISO/IEC 27002:2017
Familiarisation with the structure of these standards will support delegates with course exercises and the end of course exam.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.