Accelerated SQL Server Integration Services
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Design, develop, deploy, and operate SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) solutions.
Developed in-house by Lucient, the Integration Services (SSIS) course focuses on developing and managing SSIS 2016 in the enterprise. In this course, you will understand how to design, develop, deploy, and operate SSIS solutions—this involves ETL solutions (extraction, transformation, and loading) from source systems extractions, data integration, SSIS server administration and package execution.
What Will I Learn?
In this course you will learn how to create and develop new SSIS projects and package and determine when to use project mode versus, how to apply SSIS to file and data managemen, to understand and apply ETL Concepts in SSIS including dimensions and fact table ETL and loading SSAS dimension and cubes and how to administer SSIS for server deployment and production execution.
- Create and develop new SSIS projects packages.
- Apply SSIS to file and data management.
- Loading SSAS dimensions and cubes.
- Determine when to use projects mode versus.
- Understand and apply ETL concepts in SSIS.
- Administer SSIS for sever deployment and production execution.
This course is intended for database professionals that are responsible for ETL or DBA activities related to data processing, data architecture planning, or SSIS administration.
The target audience for this session is IT professionals, DBAs and developers who want to learn the details of how to use SSIS to accomplish data integration, data warehouse loading, and how to administer SSIS through the development lifecycle to production.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1. SSIS Overview and Core Features (5 topics)
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Microsoft tools for BI
- Introduction to data integration
- SSIS features overview
- Lab 01: SSIS Overview and Core Features
Module 2. Data Warehousing (4 topics)
- Dimensional modeling
- Optimizing a dimensional database
- Data preparation for advanced analytics
- Lab 02: Preparing a DW
Module 3. SSIS Control Flow Objects and Features (5 topics)
- What is Control Flow
- Control Flow Concepts
- Control Flow Objects
- Control Flow Features
- Lab 03: Using the Control Flow to Orchestrate SSIS Execution
Module 4. Extracting, Transforming and Loading data using SSIS Data Flows (5 topics)
- The SSIS Data Flow Task
- Data Flows and Data Paths
- Data Connections and Connection Managers
- Data Flow Components
- Lab 04: Using Data Flows to Perform Data Movements in SSIS
Module 5. Working with Files, Importing and Exporting File Data (5 topics)
- Using SSIS to Automate File System Maintenance
- Extracting Data from Files
- Loading Data into Files
- Excel Considerations
- Lab 05: Working with Files in SSIS
Module 6. Optimizing Data Extraction and Data Loading (6 topics)
- Data Extraction Optimization Essentials
- Determining the "Delta"
- Change Tracking
- Change Data Capture
- Data Loading Optimization Essentials
- Lab 06: Using Change Data Capture in SSIS Data Flows
Module 7. Data Quality and Cleasing (5 topics)
- Data quality
- Data profiling
- Data Quality Services
- Fuzzy matching
- Lab 07: Data Profiling and Cleansing
Module 8. Advanced Enterprise Information Management (4 topics)
- Script task and Script Component
- Text mining
- Advanced Analysis and SSIS
- Lab 08: Validating Data against Regular Expressions
Module 9. Dimension ETL with SSIS (5 topics)
- Dimension ETL Theory
- SQL Server Temporal Tables
- SSIS Slowly Changing Dimension Wizard
- Custom Dimension ETL
- Lab 09: Dimension ETL with SSIS
Module 10. Fact ETL with SSIS (4 topics)
- Fact Table ETL Theory
- Data preparation for fact tables
- Advanced concepts
- Lab 10: Fact ETL with SSIS
Module 11. Project Deployment Model: Execution and Reporting (3 topics)
- Power Pivot
- Power Query
- Lab 11: Power Query
Module 12. Processing SSAS Objects in SSIS (4 topics)
- SSAS tabular and multidimensional
- Processing methods in SSIS
- Dynamic processing and partition creation
- Lab 12: Analysis Services Processing
Module 13. Project Deployment (7 topics)
- Project Deployment Model
- Deployment to the SSISDB Catalog
- Administration, Security, Configuration
- The Master Package Concept
- Lab 13: SSIS Project Deployment, Configuration, Execution, and Monitoring
Module 14. Package Deployment (6 topics)
- Package Deployment Model
- Deployment to the SSIS package store
- Administration, Configuration, and Security
- Monitoring and Logging
- Lab 14: SSIS Package Deployment, Configuration, Execution, and Monitoring
Module 15. Transactions and Restartability (6 topics)
- Using Breakpoints in SSDT
- Implementing Transactions in SSIS
- Using SQL Server Database Snapshots
- Restartability of SSIS Packages
- Responding to Events
- Lab 15: Using Transactions and Checkpoints in SSIS Packages
Module 16.Optimization and Scalability (5 topics)
- Leveraging SSIS and Transact-SQL
- Data Flow Engine Internals
- SSIS Optimization Techniques
- SSIS Performance Troubleshooting
- Lab 16: Optimizing SSIS Packages for Performance
Basic experience in business intelligence solutions and SQL Server
No prior experience with SQL Server SSIS is requiredThis course is targeted at database professionals and developers with some experience in business intelligence solutions and SQL Server.
This workshop requires no prior experience with SQL Server SSIS.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.