Certified Information Privacy Technologist
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Every day we access, share, manage and transfer data across companies, continents and the globe. Having the knowledge to build your organization’s privacy structures from the ground up has never been more important. With regulators worldwide calling for tech professionals to factor data privacy into their products and services, the job market for privacy-trained IT pros has never been stronger.
The Principles of Privacy in Technology training is our premier course on privacy and data protection practices in the development, engineering, deployment and auditing of IT products and services. This training, offered worldwide, will give you an understanding of privacy-related issues and practices in the context of the design and implementation of information and communication technologies and systems.
Please note: that whilst exam costs are covered within the fee of this course, you will need to book your exam via the IAPP website.
Delegates will receive 1 year membership to the IAPP.
The Principles of Privacy in Technology training is the how-to course on privacy and data protection practices in the development, engineering, deployment and auditing of IT products and services. Those taking the course will develop an understanding of privacy-related issues and practices in the context of the design and implementation of information and communication technologies and systems.
The training is based on the body of knowledge for the IAPP’s ANSI accredited Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) certification program.
This course is designed for anyone whose work is related to the processing of personal data, particularly those in the public sector and from EU institutions, agencies and bodies, including:
- Data Protection Officers
- IT Managers and Administrators
- Records Managers
- System Developers
- IT Security specialist
- Anyone who builds and develops IT systems
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy (1 topic)
- This unit includes a brief discussion of the modern history of privacy, an introduction to types of information, an overview of information risk management and a summary of modern privacy principles.
Jurisdiction and Industries (1 topic)
- This unit introduces the major privacy models employed around the globe and provides an overview of privacy and data protection regulation by jurisdictions and industry sectors.
Information Security: Safeguarding Personal Information (1 topic)
- This unit presents introductions to information security, including definitions, elements, standards and threats/vulnerabilities, as well as introductions to information security management and governance, including frameworks, controls, cryptography and identity and access management (IAM).
Online Privacy: Using Personal Information on Websites and with Other Internet-related Technologies (1 topic)
- This unit examines the web as a platform, as well as privacy considerations for sensitive online information, including policies and notices, access, security, authentication and data collection. Additional topics include children's online privacy, email, searches, online marketing and advertising, social media, online assurance, cloud computing and mobile devices.
Understanding the Need for Privacy in the IT Environment (1 topic)
- This unit highlights the impact that regulatory activities, security threats, advances in technology and the increasing proliferation of social networks have on IT departments.
Core Privacy Concepts (1 topic)
- This unit reveals how privacy compliance becomes more attainable through developing information lifecycle plans, data identification and classification systems and data flow diagrams.
Regulations and Standards Impacting Privacy in IT (1 topic)
- This unit introduces privacy laws, regulations and standards that can help IT professionals design better privacy programmes and systems to handle personal information throughout the data lifecycle.
Privacy in Systems and Applications (1 topic)
- This unit develops an understanding of the risks inherent in the IT environment and how to address them.
Online Privacy Issues (1 topic)
- This unit presents information about online threats, threat prevention and the role of IT professionals in ensuring proper handling of user data.
De-identifying and Anonymizing Personally Identifiable Information (1 topic)
- This unit reveals the importance of personally identifiable information and methods for ensuring its protection.
Cloud Computing (1 topic)
- This unit evaluates privacy and security concerns associated with cloud services, and standards that exist to advise on their use.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.