Moving to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop Service on Citrix Cloud with Microsoft Azure
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Navigate the move from an on-premises environment into Citrix Cloud and learn to deploy resource locations onto Microsoft Azure. Learn the architecture, communications, and management of Citrix Cloud and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service and then migrate existing infrastructure and settings into Citrix Cloud. Plan machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft’s public cloud and deploy those machines using Machine Creation Services. Additional Azure considerations include maintenance and power management. Learn to configure Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway as a service within Citrix Cloud or as managed machines in your datacenter or on the Azure platform for remote access.
Citrix Versions Covered:
This course is currently based on XenApp and XenDesktop 7.13 components and Citrix Cloud.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the differences between XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- How to install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines to on-premises resource locations as well as in Microsoft Azure using MCS
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and XenApp/XenDesktop with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway on Microsoft Azure
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in an on-premises environment moving to the Citrix Cloud and deploying their XenApp and XenDesktop workloads on Microsoft Azure.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Citrix Cloud (4 topics)
- What is Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Services
- Citrix Cloud Operation and Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Citrix Cloud Connectors (2 topics)
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Cloud Connectors
Introduction to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service (4 topics)
- XenApp and XenDesktop Deployment Models
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service with On-Premises Resources
- Configuring the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Delivering Apps and Desktop to End-Users Using On-Premises Resources with MCS
Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Service (4 topics)
- Citrix Studio and Director
- XenApp and XenDesktop Remote PowerShell SDK
- Managing Multiple Resource Locations
- Using PVS with the XenApp and XenDesktop Services
Providing Access with StoreFront and NetScaler in Citrix Cloud (3 topics)
- Consideration for StoreFront Location
- Consideration for NetScaler Gateway Locations
- Configuring StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway Access in Citrix Cloud
Public Cloud Considerations (3 topics)
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
On-Premises Migration to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service (4 topics)
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Migrating Policies and Settings
- Migrating Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Considerations for Migrating to a Public Cloud
XenApp and XenDesktop on Azure Overview (5 topics)
- Defining IAAS
- XenApp and XenDesktop Azure Deployment Models
- Azure Fundamentals Review
- Azure Management
- Azure Locations
XenApp and XenDesktop Integration with Azure Active Directory (4 topics)
- Active Directory Basics
- Active Directory Usage
- Connecting On-premises Active Directory to Azure
- Azure Role Based Access Control
Connecting to Microsoft Azure (3 topics)
- Azure Connectivity
- Cloud Connectors in Azure
- Creating XenApp and XenDesktop Host Connections to Azure
Deploying Apps and Desktops using Machine Creation Services (3 topics)
- Master Image Preparation
- Machine Creation Services in Azure
- Considerations for Deploying onto Azure
Providing Access to End Users (3 topics)
- StoreFront Locations
- NetScaler Locations
- Multiple XenApp and XenDesktop Zones in Azure Regions
Maintaining Infrastructure and VDAs in Microsoft Azure (3 topics)
- Maintaining Infrastructure
- Maintaining Resources
- Power Management
Plan for a Successful POC (1 topic)
- Planning your next steps
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
- Experience deploying and managing XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in on-premises environment.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform including:
- Virtual machine management
- Azure Resource Manager portals
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.