PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner Certificate in Agile Project Management
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This three day course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 Agile® guidance, and is aligned to the current version of PRINCE2. During the course we introduce the basic concepts of common agile ways of working, discuss the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2 and the agile way of working, evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context, fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context, and be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context.
All relevant course materials are provided, including the official publication 'PRINCE2 Agile'. The course concludes with the PRINCE2 Agile Examination.
The PRINCE2 Agile course uses a combination of theory, discussion and practical exercises to ensure delegates feel confident in the application of the concepts. Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately 2.5 hours on these activities.
Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
Understand the purpose and context for combing PRINCE2 and the agile way of working
Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
Be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context
To learn through the use of theory and practical exercises
To prepare delegates for the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (30 topics)
- Projects and BAU
- What is agile?
- The PRINCE2 Agile®Journey
- The PRINCE2 Agile® Hexagon - what to fix and what to flex
- Starting Up a Project and Initiating a Project
- Assessing value, Cynefin
- Requirements and User Stories
- Prioritisation (including MoSCoW)
- Change (including the feedback loop)
- Servant Leadership
- Principles and behaviours
- The Agilometer and Risk
- Managing Product Delivery
- The Scrum Framework
- Plans and Progress
- Estimation, Burn charts and Information Radiators
- Work Packages
- Quality (including the definition of 'Done')
- Controlling a Stage and Managing a Stage Boundary
- Frequest releases and Retrospectives
- Directing a Project
- Closing a Project
- The PRINCE2® Management Products
- Rich communication (including Workshops)
- Kanban and The Kanban Method
- Lean Startup
- General guidance (including Project Health Check, transitioning, Project Managements hints and tips
- PRINCE2 Agile®Practitioner exam
PRINCE2 Agile can be taken if you hold any of the following certifications:
- PRINCE2 Foundation,
- PRINCE2 Practitioner,
- Project Management Professional® (PMP),
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM),
- IMPA Levels A,B,C and D® (Certified Projects Director)
Please note, although any of the above certifications are permissible as pre-requisite, it is strongly recommended that delegates hold a recent PRINCE2 practitioner certificate before attending the course.
Proof of prerequisites MUST be produced on the day of the exam to the trainer.
Acceptable forms of prerequisite confirmation are as follows:
- For PMI or IPMA certification holders: An electronic or hard copy of the candidates examination certificate
- For PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Certificate holders:
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- A confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate).
Delegates without evidence of the prerequisites will NOT be permitted to sit the exam. For any queries on this please contact your Account Manager.
Delegates will be provided with QA's pre-course reading prior to attending the course to help them prepare for the course. The pre-course reading is expected to take approximately 10 hours to complete. The success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading material.
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)