M20778: Analyzing Data with Power BI
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI. The course includes creating visualizations, the Power BI Service, and the Power BI Mobile App.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions (7 topics)
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Data Analysis
- Lesson 3: Introduction to Data Visualization
- Lesson 4: Overview of Self-Service BI
- Lesson 5: Considerations for Self-Service BI
- Lesson 6: Microsoft Tools for Self-Service BI
- Lab: Exploring an Enterprise BI Solution
Introducing Power BI (3 topics)
- Lesson 1: Power BI
- Lesson 2: The Power BI Service
- Lab: Creating a Power BI Dashboard
Power BI Data (5 topics)
- Lesson 1: Using Excel as a Data Source for Power BI
- Lesson 2: The Power BI Data Model
- Lesson 3: Using Databases As a Data Source for Power BI
- Lesson 4: The Power BI Service
- Lab: Importing Data into Power BI
Shaping and Combining Data (4 topics)
- Lesson 1: Power BI Desktop Queries
- Lesson 2: Shaping Data
- Lesson 3: Combining Data
- Lab: Shaping and Combining Data
Modeling Data (4 topics)
- Lesson 1: Relationships
- Lesson 2: DAX Queries
- Lesson 3: Calculations and Measures
- Lab: Modeling Data
Interactive Data Visualizations (3 topics)
- Lesson 1: Creating Power BI Reports
- Lesson 2: Managing a Power BI Solution
- Lab: Creating a Power BI Report
Direct Connectivity (3 topics)
- Lesson 1: Cloud Data
- Lesson 2: Connecting to Analysis Services
- Lab: Direct Connectivity
The Developer API (3 topics)
- Lesson 1: The Developer API
- Lesson 2: Custom Visuals
- Lab: Using the Developer API
Power BI Mobile (3 topics)
- Lesson 1: Power BI Mobile Apps
- Lesson 2: Using the Power BI Mobile App
- Lesson 3: Power BI Embedded
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.