M10993: Integrating On-Premises Identity Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Virtualization Training Courses.
Introducing Azure AD (7 topics)
- Azure AD overview
- Implementing and configuring Azure AD
- Managing Azure AD
- Lab : Creating and managing an Azure AD tenant
- Activating Azure and Office 365 trial subscriptions
- Configuring an Azure AD tenant and objects in Azure AD
- Configuring user roles in Azure AD
Integrating on-premises Active Directory with Azure (7 topics)
- Extending an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure
- Directory synchronization overview
- Implementing and configuring directory synchronization
- Managing synchronized directories
- Lab : Implementing directory synchronization
- Implementing Azure AD Connect
- Managing directory synchronization
Using Azure AD as a directory service in hybrid environments (7 topics)
- Azure AD as a directory service for on-premises environments
- Configuring SSO with Azure AD
- Implementing Azure AD PIM
- Lab : Using Azure AD in hybrid environments
- Joining a Windows 10 computer to Azure AD
- Implementing SSO with Azure AD
- Configuring and using Azure AD PIM
Configuring and protecting authentication in hybrid environments (6 topics)
- Authenticating users in hybrid environments
- Implementing multi-factor authentication
- Lab : Configuring authentication in hybrid environments
- Implementing user password reset policy
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication Server on premises
Deploying Azure RMS with on-premises services (7 topics)
- RMS overview
- Implementing Azure RMS
- Integrating Azure RMS with on-premises services
- Lab : Implementing Azure RMS
- Enabling and configuring Azure RMS
- Integrating Azure RMS with FCI
- Using the RMS sharing application on a client
Monitoring Azure AD (5 topics)
- Azure AD reporting
- Monitoring Azure AD
- Lab : Configuring reporting and monitoring
- Configuring Azure AD reports and notifications
- Configuring Azure AD monitoring
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Basic experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Basic experience with cloud services such as Microsoft Office 365.
- Basic experience with the Azure platform.
- Basic experience with identities on premises or in cloud.