M207032: Integrating MDM and Cloud Services with System Center Configuration Manager
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This is a three-day Instructor Led Training (ILT) course that describes mobile device management (MDM) technologies and the integration of various online cloud services with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. This course focuses on both hybrid MDM using Microsoft Intune, and the on-premises MDM scenario. This course also covers integration with online services such as Microsoft Store for Business, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Azure.
- Describe the challenges in managing a mobile and Internet-based workforce and how Configuration Manager integrated with MDM and cloud services solutions can address these challenges.
- Describe and configure methods used to manage client devices that are located outside of the corporate network and connected to the Internet.
- Deploy and manage Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager.
- Deploy and manage Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager.
- Describe and configure a hybrid MDM scenario by using Configuration Manager and Intune.
- Enroll iOS, Android, and Windows-based devices in a hybrid Configuration Manager and Intune MDM solution.
- Describe and configure on-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager.
This course is intended for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use the latest branch of Configuration Manager and Intune together to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications.
The secondary audience for this course are individuals who are interested in taking Exam 70-703: “Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration.”
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Extending the Configuration Manager infrastructure to support Internet-based and mobile devices (15 topics)
- Managing a mobile and distributed workforce
- Integrating Configuration Manager with cloud services and Internet-based management solutions
- PKI requirements to support Internet-based and mobile device management scenarios
- Expanding content availability by using cloud-based distribution points
- Lab : Preparing for cloud integration
- Signing up for an Azure subscription
- Configuring and enabling directory synchronization
- Lab : Implementing PKI for Configuration Manager site systems and clients
- Creating certificate templates for Configuration Manager services
- Deploying certificates to Configuration Manager site systems
- Configuring the infrastructure to support certificate profiles
- Lab : Configuring cloud-based distribution points
- Adding certificates to support Azure and cloud-based distribution points
- Installing a cloud-based distribution point
- Distributing content to a cloud-based distribution point
Managing clients on the Internet (12 topics)
- Methods for managing Internet-based clients
- Planning and implementing Internet-based client management
- Planning and implementing Cloud Management Gateway
- Lab : Configuring Internet-based client management
- Configuring the Configuration Manager infrastructure to support Internet-based client management
- Deploying certificates to client devices
- Configuring the client policy to support Internet-based clients
- Lab : Configuring Cloud Management Gateway for managing clients on the Internet
- Configuring certificate requirements to support Cloud Management Gateway
- Setting up the Cloud Management Gateway
- Configuring the Configuration Manager site to support Cloud Management Gateway
- Configuring clients for Cloud Management Gateway support
Managing Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager (10 topics)
- Overview of Microsoft Store for Business and Education
- Managing Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
- Lab : Preparing to use Microsoft Store for Business to support app deployment
- Signing up for Microsoft Store for Business
- Adding roles to user accounts to manage Microsoft Store for Business
- Acquiring and distributing an app from Microsoft Store for Business
- Lab : Deploying Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
- Setting up Microsoft Store for Business synchronization
- Creating and deploying a Microsoft Store for Business app in Configuration Manager
- Monitoring Microsoft Store for Business app usage
Managing Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager (10 topics)
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Deploying Office 365 clients by using Configuration Manager
- Managing Office 365 ProPlus updates
- Lab : Preparing Office 365 to support app deployment by using Configuration Manager
- Signing up for Office 365
- Assigning Office 365 ProPlus licenses
- Lab : Deploying Office 365 client apps by using Configuration Manager
- Configuring Office 365 app deployment from the Office 365 client management dashboard
- Deploying Office 365 ProPlus to client devices
- Configuring software updates to support Office 365
Mobile device management by using Configuration Manager (7 topics)
- Overview of mobile device management
- Configuring the Exchange Server connector for mobile device management
- Lab : Managing mobile devices by using the Exchange Server connector
- Configuring security permissions for Exchange integration
- Configuring conditional access for Exchange on-premises
- Installing and configuring the Exchange Server connector
- Managing mobile devices by using Configuration Manager
Hybrid MDM with Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune (6 topics)
- Planning and preparing for hybrid MDM
- Configuring hybrid MDM with Configuration Manager and Intune
- Lab : Configuring hybrid MDM
- Validating and configuring Intune and Configuration Manager integration
- Configuring the Intune subscription
- Configuring the device enrollment manager
Device platform enrollment by using Configuration Manager MDM (16 topics)
- Enrolling Windows devices into MDM
- Enrolling Android devices
- Enrolling iOS devices into MDM
- Managing mobile devices in Configuration Manager
- Lab : Enrolling Windows devices into MDM
- Enabling Windows device management in Configuration Manager
- Configuring automatic MDM enrollment for Windows 10
- Enrolling Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile devices into MDM
- Lab : Enrolling Android devices into MDM
- Enabling Android enrollment for MDM by using Configuration Manager
- Enrolling an Android device into MDM
- Lab : Performing management tasks for enrolled mobile devices
- Configuring compliance settings for MDM device platforms
- Deploying and managing applications for Windows-based mobile devices
- Deploying and managing applications for Android devices
- Protecting data with wipe, remote lock, and passcode reset
On-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager (5 topics)
- Overview of on-premises mobile device management
- Configuring on-premises MDM by using Configuration Manager
- Lab : Managing mobile devices with an on-premises infrastructure
- Preparing Configuration Manager prerequisites for on-premises mobile device management
- Enrolling a standalone Windows 10 device as a mobile client
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of PKI security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
- Basic understanding of management tasks using Configuration Manager.