M20745: Implementing a Software Defined Datacenter
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This five-day course explains how to implement and manage virtualization infrastructure in a software-defined datacenter by using System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager. The course also describes how to monitor the infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager and protect it by using Data Protection Manager.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the different virtualization options.
- Install and manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2016.
- Install and configure System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage storage fabric and fabric updates.
- Configure and manage the Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Manage the networking fabric.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage clouds in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage services in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Monitor a virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager.
- Implement and manage Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Data Protection Manager
This course is intended for IT professionals and administrators who are responsible for designing, implementing, and managing virtualization infrastructure in a software-defined datacenter by using System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager. The main focus of this course is on managing Hyper-V virtualization infrastructure in Windows Server 2016, although the course also covers other virtualization platforms that can be managed by using Virtual Machine Manager 2016.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to server virtualization (3 topics)
- Lab : Evaluating virtualization options
- Selecting the appropriate virtualization method
- Creating Azure virtual machines
Overview of Hyper-V virtualization (7 topics)
- Lab : Creating and managing virtual hard disks and virtual machines
- Installing and configuring the Hyper-V server role
- Creating a Nano Server virtual machine
- Configuring virtual machines and virtual hard disks
- Lab : Implementing failover clustering with Hyper-V
- Creating a Hyper-V failover cluster
- Managing a Hyper-V failover cluster
Installing and configuring System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager (4 topics)
- Lab : Installing and configuring System Center 2016
- Installing and configuring System Center 2016
- Managing hosts and host groups
- Managing an Azure subscription by using VMM
Managing storage fabric and fabric updates (4 topics)
- Lab : Managing storage fabric and fabric updates
- Implementing a storage infrastructure
- Creating a file server cluster and a storage QoS policy
- Managing fabric updates
Configuring and managing the Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects (4 topics)
- Lab : Configuring and managing VMM library and library objects
- Configuring and managing a VMM library
- Creating a Windows image for the VMM library
- Creating and managing profiles and templates
Managing the networking fabric (6 topics)
- Lab : Creating and configuring the networking fabric
- Associating virtual network adapters of Hyper-V hosts
- Deploying Network Controller
- Lab : Configuring and testing Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Configuring Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Provisioning and testing tenant virtual machine networks
Creating and managing virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager (4 topics)
- Lab : Creating and managing virtual machines by using System Center 2016 VMM
- Creating a virtual machine and modifying its properties
- Creating and managing checkpoints
- Cloning and migrating a virtual machine
Managing clouds in System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager (3 topics)
- Lab : Managing clouds in System Center 2016 VMM
- Creating a private cloud
- Creating user roles
Managing services in Virtual Machine Manager (4 topics)
- Lab : Managing services in VMM
- Creating a service template
- Deploying a service and updating service template
- Scaling out service and updating the service
Monitoring a virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager (3 topics)
- Lab : Monitoring a virtualization infrastructure by using Operations Manager
- Implementing the Operations Manager agent
- Integrating Operations Manager with VMM
Implementing and managing Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery (3 topics)
- Lab : Implementing and managing Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery
- Configuring and Managing Hyper-V Replica
- Configuring and Managing Azure Site Recovery
Protecting a virtualization infrastructure by using Data Protection Manager (5 topics)
- Lab : Protecting virtualization infrastructure by using DPM
- Configuring a DPM server and installing DPM protection agents
- Creating and configuring protection groups
- Recovering VMs and other data
- Providing online protection with DPM
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- Familiarity with different types of virtualizations
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Windows Server administration
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell
Students should have the ability to work in a team/virtual team and possess good documentation and communication skills.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 20740 - Storage & Compute with Windows Server 2016
- 20741 - Networking with Windows Server 2016
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.