ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate (inc exam fee)
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) is the standard for international qualifications in software testing at an advanced level. This course, with its large number of practical exercises and practice examination questions, fully prepares delegates for the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager examination. Whilst this course is focused on the syllabus, giving delegates the maximum chance of passing the examination, it also contains many real world practical examples.
This course includes the cost of your Pearson Vue exam. Once you have completed your course and are ready to sit your exam please register with www.pearsonvue.com and check availability at your chosen test centre. Then please contact us and we will book your exam for you.
The ISTQB Advanced Level exam lasts three hours and consists of 65 scenario-based multiple-choice questions. An additional 45 minutes is allowed for candidates taking exams that are not in their native business language. No notes, study guides or books are allowed into the examination session. Candidates need to score at least 65% to pass the exam and be awarded their certificate.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Basic aspects of software testing (6 topics)
- Review of the Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus
- Specific systems (application domains)
- Testing and the software development life cycle
- Test process
Risk (2 topics)
- Risk management
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
Test management (8 topics)
- Test policy
- Typical test strategies
- The test strategy document
- Master test plan
- Level test plan
- Test estimation
- Scheduling test planning
- Test monitoring, reporting and control
Test management issues (6 topics)
- Business Value of Testing
- Distributed, Outsourced and Insourced Testing
- Test management issues for exploratory testing
- Test management issues for systems of systems
- Test management issues for safety critical systems
- Other test management issues
Reviews (3 topics)
- Principles of reviews
- Types of review
- Introducing Reviews
Incident management (6 topics)
- Incident reports
- When can an incident be identified
- The incident management process or defect life cycle
- Defect fields
- Metrics and incident management
- Communicating incidents
Standards (4 topics)
- ISO Standards
- IEEE Standards
- BSI Standards
- Industry specific and other standards
Test process improvement (7 topics)
- The purpose of test process improvement
- Testing Maturity Model (TMM)
- Test Process Improvement (TPI)
- CTP (Critical Testing Process)
- STEP (Systematic Test and Evaluation Process)
- Improving the Test Process
- Capability Maturity Model Integration, CMMI
Tools (2 topics)
- Test tool concepts
- Test tools categories
People skills (4 topics)
- Individual skills
- Test team dynamics
To take the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level qualifications, delegates must hold the ISTQB Foundation certificate and it is also recommended that candidates holding a baccalaureate or equivalent degree in software engineering have a minimum of 3 years testing experience, or 5 years otherwise.
Delegates are also encouraged to spend more time than during the course to further their knowledge of software testing including reading the ISTQB Advanced Level syllabus prior to attending the course and considering some of the additional reading references listed in the syllabus. The syllabus is available online at http://www.istqb.org/downloads.html.
Many delegates have also taken additional hands-on training courses to prepare themselves to get the most benefit from this challenging course and examination.
Please contact us for further discussion on additional training or preparation that would suit you.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
BCS Software Testing Foundation
The ISEB ITSQB Software Testing Foundation training course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in software testing
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.