GDPR: an Introduction
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) is new legislation that provides a single, data privacy law for the European Union. The EU GDPR aims to prevent the loss of personal data by improving data security for all individuals living in EU member states. UK organisations have until May 2018 to comply with the new law, or potentially face fines of up to 4% of annual turnover or €20 million.
This one day introductory course, delivered by a data protection specialist, provides an introduction into the compliance of the new EU Data Protection regulations. Gain understanding of the requirements and how that impacts you and your organisation. Consider the implications of Brexit on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and your organisation.
Businesses and other organisations must ensure that they are compliant with current data protection regulations, consider how to plan effectively for compliance with upcoming EU Data protection regulations.
This 1-Day EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) course provides an introduction to the EU GDPR, and an understanding of the implications and legal requirements for UK and EU organisations, whilst considering the challenges of maintaining compliance through potentially turbulent Brexit waters.
- Where to find the relevant information within the Regulation
- GDPR - What is actually changing
- The impact of GDPR
- Why organisations should be compliant with GDPR
- Quick wins to prepare for GDPR
- GDPR compliance strategies
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1 (5 topics)
- The current EU and UK Data Protection legislation & requirements
- The current privacy framework and how it impacts organisations
- The drivers for the changes to the regulations
- The impact Brexit will have on GDPR
- Privacy Shield and why Safe Harbour had to be replaced
Module 2 (17 topics)
- The General Data Protection Regulations
- What does the GDPR cover
- Structure of the GDPR
- What is consent under the GDPR
- Subject access requests
- Collecting personal data from data subjects
- Collecting data from other sources
- Other data subject rights
- Controllers and Processors
- Records required
- Risk & Security
- Breach reporting
- Transfers of personal data
- Supervisory authorities
- Enforcement regime
Module 3 (16 topics)
- GDPR 'Quick Wins' for your organisation
- Quick wins for any business
- How to prepare for the GDPR changes
- Board Support
- Data Protection Officer
- Information Management
- Access Rights
- Monitoring & Security
- Incident Management
- Staff Education & Training
- Privacy by Design
- How to stay compliant with the changes during and post Brexit
- Long term compliance strategies
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.