Certified Data Protection Foundation and Practitioner
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This five-day comprehensive practitioner course with independent APMG exam, updated for 2023, will provide a practical guide to planning, implementing and maintaining compliance with Data Protection & GDPR (EU & UK) Regulations. Data protection law requires, the appointment of a Data Protection Officer (DPO) for some controllers and processors, including those in the public sector. The obligations for this challenging role will require insight into privacy threats, risks, data breach management, secure design and secure by default principles, privacy compliance and the legal spectrum of the DPA18 & the GDPRs.
This course is suitable for data protection officers, data protection practitioners, HR Professionals, compliance officers, auditors, IT & security Professionals.
It will use the ‘WiCompli’ data protection game - based training tool to support the learning objectives.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
CPD points can be claimed for NCSC accredited courses at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for NCSC accredited courses (up to a maximum of 15 points).
Learn to address new privacy situations by applying acquired knowledge, facts, techniques, and rules learnt from the GDPR & UK GDPR Practitioner course.
- Identify the key differences between the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPRs
- Apply the implementation pathway for Data Protection & GDPR compliance
-Data Protection Principles & Individual Right
-Data Protection Impact Assessments
-Privacy by Design / Default
-Information Risk Management
- Understand the role of the data Protection Officer (DPO) and the new obligations
- Develop a plan to address the challenges of developing a privacy programme across your organisation
- Prepare for managing and reacting to a data breach both from a regulator and commercial perspective
- Identify and understand the rights of data subjects, consent, data in the cloud and third parties
- Model the enforcement aspects of the DPA18 & GDPRs to your organisation
- Demonstrate understanding of the data protection principles and individual data subject rights and when and how they apply at an operational level.
- Understand why privacy is important and how it relates to data protection in your business
- Understand the implications of Brexit as it applies to data protection
- Be able to understand the role of the Data Protection Officer, if you need one and how they help your business achieve compliance.
- Learn to solve Data Protection (GDPR) problems and advise on privacy risks by applying acquired knowledge, facts, techniques, and rules learnt.
- Respond in a more responsible, ethical and well-informed manner, to GDPR compliance issues and scenarios.
- Adapt your communication style to being one of a knowledgeable, capable Privacy Professional and or Practitioner.
- Build effective working relationships by being able to articulate and determine GDPR compliance issues, via the logical interpretation and application of the GDPR Articles and Recitals, to real world and hypothetical work/life scenarios.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the (EU & UK) GDPRs and related legislation.
This Data Protection Foundation & Practitioner course is primarily aimed at DPOs and professionals working with IT, Risk, Security, Governance and Compliance roles across public and private sectors. It is also aimed at Marketing Professionals and Project Managers.
Candidates will receive individual emails to access their APMG NCSC Certified Training candidate portal, typically available two weeks post exam. If you experience any issues, please contact the APMG technical help desk on 01494 4520450.
Duration: 70 minutes
Questions: 70, multiple choice (4 multiple choice answers only 1 of which is correct)
Pass Mark: 50%
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Data Protection & GDPR & Privacy Legislation (9 topics)
- Module 1: Introduction to data protection & privacy
- Module 2: Data Protection (GDPR) Fundamentals & principles
- Module 3: Data Protection (GDPR) Rights of the data subject
- Module 4: Data Protection (GDPR) Controllers & Processors
- Module 5: Data Protection (GDPR) International Transfers
- Module 6: Data Protection (GDPR) Remedies, liabilities & penalties
- Module 7: Data Protection (GDPR) Supervisory authorities, co-operation, specific situations
- Module 8: Summary of changes
- Module 9: Business Advantages of embracing Data Protection
Information Governance, Risk Management & Security, Assurance, Self-Assessment & Accreditation and Implementation (10 topics)
- Module 10: GDPR after BREXIT & Gap Analysis
- Module 11: Useful Preparation Steps / Compliance Assessment
- Module 12: Data Protection by Design and by Default and DPIAs
- Module 13: Risk Management, Assurance and Appropriate Security
- Module 14: Obligations on Controllers and Processors, incl. Information security, cyber security standards, monitoring, individual rights & incident management
- Module 15: Direct Marketing and Online Profiling
- Module 16: Cloud, Big Data and Transfers to Third Countries (incl. Brexit)
- Module 17: Privacy and Monitoring
- Module 18: Staying Compliant
- Exam Prep: Case Studies & Questions
Independent APMG NCSC Certified Training, Data Protection Foundation & Practitioner Examination. (1 topic)
- In class candidates and virtual classroom delegates will take a remotely proctored exam to be taken post course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.